• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My New Toy

Nice radio!

So, you already have A Johnson Ranger... and now a Yaesu FT2000.
So when are you getting your ham ticket?
We'd love to have another AM'er down in the 75M AM ghetto! (3885 kcs)

Nice radio!

So, you already have A Johnson Ranger... and now a Yaesu FT2000.
So when are you getting your ham ticket?
We'd love to have another AM'er down in the 75M AM ghetto! (3885 kcs)

Thanks Man i am thinking of trying a FlexRadio too.....I am thinking of using this radio as a remote radio so when i am out and about i will have this as my itouch radio...

sounds good. now why not use it up on ssb where that
kinda radio TRUELY shines .huge waste to use that on am ?
could get a cobra 29 with a nice 2 pill box or 2x4 box an absolutley
stomp that like a little toy on am..lol

The audio of that rig on AM as it was set at the time of the recording sounded very pinched which I notice is the case of most all forty's recordings.

You know what I mean, like he's got beans shoved up his nose?

The audio of that rig on AM as it was set at the time of the recording sounded very pinched which I notice is the case of most all forty's recordings.

You know what I mean, like he's got beans shoved up his nose?

"ok here what it sounds like...... i am a long way from what i want it to sound like.."

Man you guys are hard on a fellow sometimes. :blink: :laugh:

Here is a gate were i was on SSB then went to AM..... I plan on getting my ticket so i can play all night long on the band...I got this rig to do SSB this cycle i will work all bands... Looking at the FlexRadio too i just might get one of them for the hell of it.... The FlexRadio FLEX-5000 looks like a nice radio i may try....

The Gate is 20 miles from me......I have to work on the SSB audio i am real close on the AM sound...

YouTube - 922 rolled a gate on me...SSB and AM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.