• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

UPDATE:

just de-soldered the end 2 pads that the red jumper was hooked too and all bands now work fine!!!

so the complete 11m mod is:

1. remove red jumper
2. de-solder end bridge that the red jumper is connected to

Close-up clear pictures - please?

Yes please, I was gonna ask, but thought it would be a pain taking it out of your mobile for a photo op.

I went against my principals today. I sinned and ordered mine from Copper.

Should get it Friday if it goes out tomorrow.

sorry i already have the radio back in the suv,,

if you look at my pic on post#87 you can see 7 individual solder pads,, pad 5,6 are soldered together(on the right) and then the red jumper is connected to 5,6 and pad #1

remove the red jumper and de-solder the solder joint from pad 5,6 so they are no longer connected

in the end you will have 7 solder pads with no connection between any of them

Reactions: 1 person
So far,

There's the dude in Ohio
DTB Radio
Copper Electronics (cheapest of the bunch @ 149.99

i seen one on ebay that was questionable with a nick on the bezel. Dude wanted $169.00.

Haven't seen any other vendors yet.

I ordered mine at 6'oclock this morning from copper, It was $169.02 with shipping. I hope this turns out to be an awesome radio.I wanted to get one before they all get sold out lol.So do yall think this radio has the same board as the original president jackson?

Post #49 is pics of original board. In my second pic their are 3 chips to the right of the board sticking up. On the newer one it looks like one of the chips have been replaced with a bunch of wires. Maybe for the sixth band of channels. I can take more pics if anyone wants them. I need to get it aligned and replace VR11, so it is coming out of the car tomorrow. It is the original 5 band silver face.

IO
How much did Copper charge for shipping?

My radio was bought for $160 for the radio and then $18 for the shipping (including the 11m mod).

But you bent the guys ear and apparently got a deal.

I think he charges $30 for the mod and $20 for a tune.

I'd rather do it myself, not just to save money, but I like to tinker.

I suppose, for those that don't want to mod and align themselves should buy from DTB. I believe his price of $169.99 includes expansion and alignment. Don't know how he ships, but expect he uses Priority mail.

I couldn't see him charging more than $20.

Basically, you should be able to buy one from DTB aligned, modified and shipped for around $20 more than the other vendors.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.