• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
I had the president Jackson Radio and loved it.Bought it used and the meter stopped working and some of the segments on the channel indicator burned out. The radio that I remember did not drift on ssb and when things got noisy I spent many late night hours Upstairs on the extra channels. Loved that radio.

It seems Ranger has brought it back some time ago and not to bad a price. Was wondering on build quality drifting etc. may be a choice for a SSB radio with channels. Just a thought
President Jackson - Superstar JA, DTB Radio's Online Catalog

Reactions: 4 people

They had to go and do this.........now im gonna spend more money.Altho its made in china im sure the quality is not the same

I saw a shop have one posted on CL for $160 new. Wonder how close it is to the original since I use the old Jackson.

I saw a shop have one posted on CL for $160 new. Wonder how close it is to the original since I use the old Jackson.

". . . Superstar JA - President Jackson 10-meter amateur transceiver. This is a NEW re-issue of the President Jackson under the Superstar brand from RCI. The circuit board is Jackson all the way, with a faceplate labeled Superstar GR. . ."

So it says.
Where did you see it for $160?

Just bought one from Wayne at 'The CB Store' (513-292-4004) in Middletown, Ohio - after bending his ear for 15 minutes about it.
Price including shipping was $178 ($160 for the radio and $18 for shipping).
He still has some left at this price.

Gonna give it a quick review in a couple of weeks.

Reason I bought it?
Because one of the old Uniden engineers worked with RCI to bring it back for a trial run.
This is a REAL Jackson /Uniden design!

Reactions: 2 people
tax return came today so i just ordered one, if it works good it will replace the 980ssb in the mobile and ill give the 980ssb to my son

Just bought one from Wayne at 'The CB Store' (513-292-4004) in Middletown, Ohio - after bending his ear for 15 minutes about it.
Price including shipping was $178 ($160 for the radio and $18 for shipping).
He still has some left at this price.

Gonna give it a quick review in a couple of weeks.

Reason I bought it?
Because one of the old Uniden engineers worked with RCI to bring it back for a trial run.
This is a REAL Jackson /Uniden design!

whats the specs on it, and did it come with a freq chart for the bands,, anything needed to get 11m?

So what will this radio use as a final I wonder? I have a Jackson in my dead radio pile that has a MRF477.

Also, someone has to ask it. Hey Uniden guy who is working with Ranger, what about the 2510?

The radio is equipped with dual-mosfet finals and a heatsink.
Supposed to be easily modifiable for 11m.
Just have to wait for the review, unless someone else can post the specs before I do.

Maybe they will bring back the 2510.
If it will sell; they will build it.

Last edited:
What I have found is it has the ept360014b board that the galxay 33hp uses among others. But you can't believe everything you read on the net.

The radio is equipped with dual-mosfet finals and a heatsink.
Supposed to be easily modifiable for 11m.
Just have to wait for the review, unless someone else can post the specs before I do.

Maybe they will bring back the 2510.
If it will sell; they will build it.

I'll be waiting Robb.

If it has the same board as the old jackson, someone alot smarter than me ought to be able to reverse engineer a dual mosfet replacement for the MRF477.

My Jackson is in a pile of radios waiting for me to acquire some test equipment and skills.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?