• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My setup No pictures yet

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Well my mobile is a 1981 GMC little rusty but oh well, Motor is a 302 bored .030 to a 305. In it i have a cobra 29 LTD classic mounted on the roof. Have a 102'SS whip antenna mounted on the rail right behind the cab. (Just got everything mounted today). Waiting for my 4 pill then it will be complete! For the base i have a Titan 2 RPSY 485. Have more channels than anyone could ever want. Have a little Snowcap 2 pill ready to key down. And a I-Max 99 about 50 feet in the air. I will have pictures when i put my tires on it. 32's :)

:) i dont know what the guy was thinking but its a 305. Think he said it was a small block. Im not sure because i was trying to put out the fire that was on my pizza when i was talking to him :LOL: But it runs great. Sounds good to :) I still havent got my pictures yet but when i do ill sure post them! Later CDX197

This motor was built about a year and a half ago. And it only has about 24,000 miles on it. The pickup only has about 80,000 but in about a year or 2 im gonna have to reuild it or just buy me a 383. Dont know why i love the 383's so much. My uncle had one in his race can and it hauled ass. Had 27 wins in a 35 race period. Someone is giving away a 283. Dont know if i should go up and get it and use it or just sell it. But anyway........

Or instead of getting a old motor out of the junk yard i could just claim one from my local race track for about $525. Just comes with the oil pan and a crank. Some of the motors that get claimed have over a good grand or two in them. Really pisses the drivers off but hey just claim someone you dont like. :)

Ok when you race at the race track you are in any situation to get claimed if you place anywere in the top 4. All you have to do is have a driver drive into the claiming area and tell the official what motor he wants to claim. Then they ask the driver if he will accept the claim. If he does he gets pushed off the track and strait to his trailer. Then the process begins. Take everything off the motor. Then they pull it out, Other driver then gives his $525 to the driver for the motor. And you go home with a 2 grand motor for 1/4 of what it would have cost to get a new one. Easy way to get a good motor but they dont run on regular gas. They run on a much more expensive gas but they are not gas hogs. So its almost worth it.

Ok in simplest terms. You tell somebody you want there motor. You give them $525 for it and you get the motor you wanted. Simple as that. One time a driver got beaten the enxt day for taking his motor. So it might not be safe

No there was never a 6 cylinder 283. There was a 250 and also a 292 that were 6 cylinder engines. There was also a factory 307 from about 67 or 68 thru 73....Along with about 10 different variations of the 305 and about 50 variations of the 350. There was also a 400 small block. That prett much sums it up for small blocks of that era

someone claims your enging and if you accept you sell them your engine for $525 after dishing out say $5000 to build it, so now you have a race car and no enging to go racing??? am I following this correctly

also they strip it down to just the oil pan and crank?? no pistons, rods, cam??
Your right on the first part. Ok here i will do this again. OK so lets say your race car doesnt have a good motor. (it has no power out of the corners or you have raced it to much) You go through inspection and everything like that. You qualify for the A-main. You go out and lets say you get 13th place out of 20 cars. The top 4 cars come in and you pull in saying you want someones motor. They take it out.
no pistons, rods, cam
They leave that in there. They take the Carb off, Headers, spark plugs,fan, everything electrical. Just everything outside the motor. When you get it to the shop you can take it apart and do what ever you want to it. OK "Claiming" is done so the field is some what even. In other turms lets say you have a huge cookie and a little kid with a small cookie wants it. He give's you $0.50 for it. Your left with no cookie and only 1/3 of what it would cost to get one. So your shit out of luck. But most people who play the claim game can only claim 3 times a season. Its nothing like nascar, you have to go to one to find out what im talking about. If your lucky you will see a fight :) Hope this helps

frmboybuck said:
A 283 is not a V6......Last time I counted it had 8 cylinders

don't recall a chevy 302 either, now ford made a 302 and chevy made a 305 factory, maybe the #'s got transposed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.