• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Station

Atlasta

May 7, 2011
It took a few decades but I finally got the setup I've always wanted. Not the biggest radio by any means but it works well for me!

FYI, the blue pins in the map are contacts made via CB and the green pins are places heard on the shortwave.

Attachments

• station.jpg
    station.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 220

very nice,i have a siltronix 90-1 vfo just sitting there.73s de JW

I'd like to have a model 90. I think that old 135 uses a 90-7. The radio also has the 10 KC slider mod. When I got the rig it had a vernier on the clarifier but it proved to be unnecessary so it was removed.

As it is currently set up the VFO tops out at 27.735 +/- a few KC. Yes it drifts (didn't they all?) If it tweak the tuning cap on the bottom it will go almost to 27.995 but then there is a gap between channel 20 and channel 40.

Not really much of an issue as I don't like getting too close to the 10 M band especially with all that unfiltered sweep tube gear.

where did you get the map? looking for one of those for qso marking. :)

very nice setup.

@ Morse: I got the map from Wide World of Maps. That map is unlaminated and cost around $38. Laminated versions that are blue instead of brown run around $80.

@KingCobra: Yes, the elevation does help. Even so I am still in a valley surrounded by mountains.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.