1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

My temporary base set up

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by TIN_CAN, Nov 23, 2019.

1. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Well-Known Member

I am in the middle of redoing my basement, so just have a temp set up right now, will post more pics when I am finished and all me gear is set up, running a imax 2000 35' to the base, free standing tower will be going in in the spring at the back of the property, with a 3 element yagi and imax 2000 mounted above.

73's all
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

G GOLLY WAlly, CB590, HomerBB and 5 others like this.

2. RT431

RT431 In the swamp

Gotta love the 2510 .Had a few myself.
    I found a D104 sounded the best.(y)

Woody-202, 357magnum and TIN_CAN like this.
  3. 2NC995

2NC995 DAN

Heck that looks great. You shouldn’t have an issue being heard!

357magnum likes this.
  4. TIN_CAN

Should be even better 20+ feet higher and on a 3 element yagi, but yes it work awesome, only problem is alot of noise as I am very close to hydro lines. Going to start with a ac line conditioner then maybe a dsp unit/speaker. Also mention I now have a metal roof and I am not much above the roof as seen in pic.

357magnum likes this.
  5. RT431

RT431 In the swamp

I had a similar setup yrs ago. A 3 element yagi with an a99 above it on 50' of tower. That was an awesome setup. But alas I had to sell most of my equipment when my first wife passed away.:(

6. TIN_CAN

Well sorry about your first wife..but yes I think it would be a nice setup, I have an old wilson shooting star in the garage but need a boom for it , but like to have my omni up as well, hence the yagi.

S&W357, Woody-202 and 357magnum like this.
  7. TIN_CAN

Was outside looking around the house as we had a good windstorm last night and snapped a few pics of the coax junction box at house entry, 8' copper ground rod below this box and the tower also has a 8' ground rod at base. Might also get another Array Solution surge protector to add in line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slowmover, RT431 and Redbeard U812 like this.
  8. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Nice! Tell me mo about that power supply. Are those Magnum amps any good? There is one for sell locally.

9. TIN_CAN

I bought the power supply from ebay seems to work ok, but fans are a tad noisy its a 150+ amp I have seen just it draw about 130amps running my sweet 16 driven by my 2990DX, as for the magnum 6500R its a great little amp with very low hrs on it, bought it on CL a few years back it was NOS for $200 and has 4 toshiba 2879's in it, I use it mainly for the HR2510's and seems to get good reports on ssb.

The model is RD power 2KW-12

here is the inside of the magnum 6500R

[​IMG]

#9 TIN_CAN, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Slowmover likes this.
  10. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

That supply would be handy.

11. TIN_CAN

yeah there is a 1kw version up to 100amps, this thing loafs along with the sweet 16 all day long no drops in voltage.