• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mystery pills....

Why dont you try measuring the hole spacing and the cu out and comparing it to the known package dimensions. If you can not tell if you have a 2x4 or 2x6 in terms of a dimensional lumber the most expedient way to figure out what you got is to measure it and compare to specifications. Everything else is just a waste of time. Pacakge specifications are well documented.

In the future tape blown components you do not intend to replace right away to the the board or put in a zip lock bag and tape to the outside of the unit.

I do not know how you could forget but anything is possible.

In fact I could tell you every output final for every radio and amp I have owned since 1991. I do not have that great of a memory and am not even that passionate about the hobby.

It has to be stuck in your brain some place.

On top of that I am having a hard time believing that was built by a builder with experience. The parts do not look high end. The work inside looks terrible. I have never bought electronics from someone on meth though so that might make all the difference in the world.

Better to get 2 MRF455's than 2 questionable Chinese Fake Clone transistors.

If you want Chinese do not buy "chi-com" fake Toshiba's off ebay go to the source and get Chinese transistors that have a known track record of at least being legit and consistent like but not limited to HG's for instance. Enough people have built with them that we have an idea what they are and what can be expected of them!

It is not hard to re-wrap a transformer and change components to use other transistors. A lot of guys on this site will help you.

If you really consider this a hobby I refuse to give up on the idea that it is buried in your head. You just need to believe you can and will remember it and you will!

So maybe you just need to relax and mediatate and enter a hypnotic state. If you removed them and looked at them the image has to be stored in that mental file cabinet of yours. If you just keep thinking about it repeatedly sooner or latter it should pop into your head like song lyrics or that cute blondes name from the office party 10 years ago!

Lastly maybe call his partner if he is still alive send him the image and describe component values.Always get as close to the source, someone that was mentored by them, someone that repaired a lot of their work etc.....

More MOT transistors were used than any other brand in the USA. Everyone thinks of the Toshibas and the SD's but really they were late to the game. MOT and TRW were used 10:1 in most designs and people started to move away from them to the Japanese transistors which were baised harder but produced far more power. They were harsher sounding but cheaper, made more power and often had higher mismatch ratings as well. In 1991 when I first got into electronics outside of automotive only electronics Toshiba 2SC2879's were $12 to $15 each depending on what beta rating with most of them being around 85 your wanted and how many matching you needed. MRF455's for high beta's in the 98 to 120 range were around $9. Today a Toshiba 2SC2879 with unknown beta is about $204 each.

In the future tape blown components you do not intend to replace right away to the the board or put in a zip lock bag and tape to the outside of the unit.

I do not know how you could forget but anything is possible.

In fact I could tell you every output final for every radio and amp I have owned since 1991. I do not have that great of a memory and am not even that passionate about the hobby.

It has to be stuck in your brain some place.

On top of that I am having a hard time believing that was built by a builder with experience. The parts do not look high end. The work inside looks terrible. I have never bought electronics from someone on meth though so that might make all the difference in the world.

Better to get 2 MRF455's than 2 questionable Chinese Fake Clone transistors.

If you want Chinese do not buy "chi-com" fake Toshiba's off ebay go to the source and get Chinese transistors that have a known track record of at least being legit and consistent like but not limited to HG's for instance. Enough people have built with them that we have an idea what they are and what can be expected of them!

It is not hard to re-wrap a transformer and change components to use other transistors. A lot of guys on this site will help you.

If you really consider this a hobby I refuse to give up on the idea that it is buried in your head. You just need to believe you can and will remember it and you will!

So maybe you just need to relax and mediatate and enter a hypnotic state. If you removed them and looked at them the image has to be stored in that mental file cabinet of yours. If you just keep thinking about it repeatedly sooner or latter it should pop into your head like song lyrics or that cute blondes name from the office party 10 years ago!

Lastly maybe call his partner if he is still alive send him the image and describe component values.Always get as close to the source, someone that was mentored by them, someone that repaired a lot of their work etc.....

More MOT transistors were used than any other brand in the USA. Everyone thinks of the Toshibas and the SD's but really they were late to the game. MOT and TRW were used 10:1 in most designs and people started to move away from them to the Japanese transistors which were baised harder but produced far more power. They were harsher sounding but cheaper, made more power and often had higher mismatch ratings as well. In 1991 when I first got into electronics outside of automotive only electronics Toshiba 2SC2879's were $12 to $15 each depending on what beta rating with most of them being around 85 your wanted and how many matching you needed. MRF455's for high beta's in the 98 to 120 range were around $9. Today a Toshiba 2SC2879 with unknown beta is about $204 each.
Youre a $100 too high. This is from RF parts no "clone"...Screenshot_20200529-070513.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated