• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NanoVNA-H4

HomerBB

Jan 4, 2009
Rogers, Ar
I got a little bitty nanovna a while back and didn't like it. I fussed about it and gave it away to someone who uses it.
Now, I'm trying again with a newer version 4" screen model. I may need help...
20220202_153156-01.jpeg

I got a little bitty nanovna a while back and didn't like it. I fussed about it and gave it away to someone who uses it.
Now, I'm trying again with a newer version 4" screen model. I may need help...View attachment 57045

I bought the same one last fall. Never got around to learning how to use it yet. Oh well, one of these days I will.

Reactions: Rwb and HomerBB
Send it to me...I'll figure it out and shoot a video and then send it back. ;)
I have at this point gotten it calibrated, set it to read SWR, and checked every antenna system I have from the shack. What I haven't figured out is whether it's possible to limit the display to showing info/traces for SWR, Resistance, and Reactance only, and how to do it.

Reactions: Crawdad and NZ8N
I bought the same. Tried it outside tuning portable antennas. Drove me crazy so I sold it.
:LOL::LOL:
If an analyzer that covered 160m - 70cm didn't cost so much I would have gladly bought one instead of the nanovna. When the things cost as much as your radio and antenna system combined that's just too expensive.

Reactions: Crawdad and NZ8N
My NanoVNA-H4 experience has come to an abrupt end. The thing is too fragile. The least amount of pressure on the SMA connectors and they tear off the board. Now the terminal itself is broken and I lack the skillset to make a repair. Even if I had the skills one of 4 solder points on the terminal is broken off and I'm without a replacement. I now have an $80 piece of junk.

• Sad
Reactions: Crawdad
My NanoVNA-H4 experience has come to an abrupt end. The thing is too fragile. The least amount of pressure on the SMA connectors and they tear off the board. Now the terminal itself is broken and I lack the skillset to make a repair. Even if I had the skills one of 4 solder points on the terminal is broken off and I'm without a replacement. I now have an $80 piece of junk.

Well that's not good. I bought a set of SMA adapters and a couple of short SMA-SMA cables to allow movement without stressing the mounted connectors. SMA connectors are far too fragile to be connected directly to even RG-58 cable.

I suggest if anyone buys one they should add some silicone between the SMA connectors and the VNA body.
Mine broke just trying to finger tighten the SMA nut onto the connector. The spacing is too close and the connector being unsupported by anything but surface mount type solder joints makes for an awkward potentially disastrous weak joint.

I have ordered this test kit so as to use one of the SMA terminals as a replacement for the broken one on my VNA. I have a friend who may be able to restore it.
Screenshot_20220205-001926_Amazon Shopping-01.jpeg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.