• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NaP3 + MixW + LP_Bridge + Mac OSX - it works!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Some of you saw my post a while back about how I got the NaP3 panadapter windows application running on my Mac using Parallels. I've also been successfully running MixW and a few other Windows ham radio apps. Well, over the last few days, I decided to take it a step further to see if I could get LP_Bridge working so I could use one serial port to access and control the Elecraft K3 at the same time. I was surprised how easy it was to configure and get working! Here's a screen shot of my Mac running both NaP3 and Mix3 with full sound card interface and rig control from both apps:

2753-1385862899-342d725918cd12e85e96a1c9633711f6.jpg

This really is a slick setup, whether you're running a PC or a Mac!

Some of you saw my post a while back about how I got the NaP3 panadapter windows application running on my Mac using Parallels. I've also been successfully running MixW and a few other Windows ham radio apps. Well, over the last few days, I decided to take it a step further to see if I could get LP_Bridge working so I could use one serial port to access and control the Elecraft K3 at the same time. I was surprised how easy it was to configure and get working! Here's a screen shot of my Mac running both NaP3 and Mix3 with full sound card interface and rig control from both apps:

moleculo-albums-miscellaneous-picture3937-lp-bridge-nap3-mix-running-mac-os-x.jpg

This really is a slick setup, whether you're running a PC or a Mac!

Hi I'm interested in doing this as well. I have an iMac 21" Late 2013 but do I need a mic/line in? This model does not have one I believe.

I want to connect to a Yaesu FTDX3000 via the IF port.

Thanks for your help.

do I need a mic/line in?

Yes, you need a sound card with stereo line or mic in. Ideally it should have 192khz bandwidth so you can see the widest bandwidth possible. The built-in soundcard for most PC's (including the iMac) won't cut it so you'll need to add an external USB one. Asus, Diamond, Creative Labs all make suitable ones for under $100.

P.S. I didn't realize the image link was broken, and I fixed it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.