• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Near Truck Stop - Should I Expect to Hear Something?

.... if 2 or 3 are in heat that can be a major game player. ....

Do you unload more cattle than you loaded?:whistle:

all them little scary crowded states

I'm NJ born and raised. I'm currently doing NJ gas stations (mostly northeast, think Bergen, Hudson and Essex counties. The Five Boros I mentioned in a previous post are Staten Island, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens and Manhattan, ie: NYC for those that ain't from around here (I've done a lot of city work, both fuel and chemical, on previous jobs). The oil company fleets and companies that only serviced NYC would do the stations in the city with 30-35ish foot long trailers, I went in with the same 45-48ish foot trailers we use in Joisey. Delivering fuel to gas stations in New York City with the longer trailers meant you needed to use every inch you had, you had to be precise.

How many here have backed into a delivery from the street on Broadway in Manhattan during the Friday evening rush hour, you got to see your opening and get it done. No time for the "Klunk - Klunk - Klink - Shake - Shake - Shake" of an auto in that scenario.

Do you unload more cattle than you loaded?:whistle:

I'm NJ born and raised. I'm currently doing NJ gas stations (mostly northeast, think Bergen, Hudson and Essex counties. The Five Boros I mentioned in a previous post are Staten Island, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens and Manhattan, ie: NYC for those that ain't from around here (I've done a lot of city work, both fuel and chemical, on previous jobs). The oil company fleets and companies that only serviced NYC would do the stations in the city with 30-35ish foot long trailers, I went in with the same 45-48ish foot trailers we use in Joisey. Delivering fuel to gas stations in New York City with the longer trailers meant you needed to use every inch you had, you had to be precise.

How many here have backed into a delivery from the street on Broadway in Manhattan during the Friday evening rush hour, you got to see your opening and get it done. No time for the "Klunk - Klunk - Klink - Shake - Shake - Shake" of an auto in that scenario.
actually had some calve while in transit.that can be a thrill too.
Yesbyears back id deliver to the worse dumps in nyc hauling bagged flour

Food stuff into NYC usually means Hunts Point? If so I never been in the actual terminal market but have done other stuff in the area, that's a bit of a screwed up neighborhood to say the least.

If you had one of those calfs on the way to the city it would have "fell off the back of the truck" and there would have been some good BBQ's that summer.;)

Reactions: Handy Andy and Rwb
Y
Food stuff into NYC usually means Hunts Point? If so I never been in the actual terminal market but have done other stuff in the area, that's a bit of a screwed up neighborhood to say the least.

If you had one of those calfs on the way to the city it would have "fell off the back of the truck" and there would have been some good BBQ's that summer.;)
yep sure was a mess up there. We sometimes got to keep the calves.bottle raise them

Reactions: Handy Andy
I just think it was cute to mention the "birthing" issue - always good thing to have your assets go up.

Just never imagined nearly Just In Time - Delivery

Reactions: Rwb
I just think it was cute to mention the "birthing" issue - always good thing to have your assets go up.

Just never imagined nearly Just In Time - Delivery
the shake and jostle to a momma cow when she is close speeds up delivery.
The cows will back away n form a circle around her when birthing.when you go to unload them it can be 1 huge fight to get them out.
Another thing load n drive 25 miles n every cow will be standing sideways heads to the drivers side due to crown of the road

cyberrider,,,, dxer is someone who has regular contaxts and have had meet and greets and skipshooters just yell for skip and dont know or remember who they have talked to,,,,just they have talked a million miles away and now their radio is worth 3 times as much ha,,,

Reactions: Rwb
cyberrider,,,, dxer is someone who has regular contaxts and have had meet and greets and skipshooters just yell for skip and dont know or remember who they have talked to,,,,just they have talked a million miles away and now their radio is worth 3 times as much ha,,,
ive talked long way mobil n base on ssb shooting skip on couple CHEEP radios and have talked to a few on several occasions ,does that make me a dskipshooterx?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.