• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Neat md or ruined classic?

I like the look of the radio but:
1) It has the original caps
2) A class C amp
3) An unshielded switching power supply (it must sound worse tha a Galaxy on receive)
4) A user called Bite_Me
and #5) "SOLD AS IS PARTS OR REPAIR WITH NO WARRANTY AND NO RETURNS"

He should have started it at $5 or $10 and let ebays users decide what it was worth. Not standing behind a radio you want that kind of money for speaks volumes...

Now that's a "Trashy Tram"! How much you want to bet it has problems too? Between the noisy switching supply and no shielding over the RF amp it looks like a it could easily be a nightmare. The case appeared clean enough to salvage so the non working Tram should have been sent in for repairs. Contrary to what some may think, these radios are ALWAYS repairable in the right hands. Good shops may dedicate one in poor cosmetic shape as parts but will save a dozen as a result.

thats stupid!
its like stripping an original vette and putting the drivetrain of a CHEvette in it.
i have only ever declared 1 of these trams B E R.
that one had a house burn to the ground around it!
same with brownings.
i was the main repairman for these rigs back in the day.
did have to reverse some silly mods though.the mods were most of the problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.