• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need a cure for NS-9000

Clarifier mod for the NS-9000:

Remove D38 and R141, solder a wire from J106, pin 54 to a +8V source. Usually you can just solder bridge right to the trace below the pin itself, that's +8V.

~Cheers~
Thank you very much. Will the radio need any further alignment after the fine and coarse are married ?
Once again thank you very much.

Clarifier mod for the NS-9000:

Remove D38 and R141, solder a wire from J106, pin 54 to a +8V source. Usually you can just solder bridge right to the trace below the pin itself, that's +8V.

~Cheers~

ExitThirteen,
I apologize for opening an old thread. But I have had a lot of health problems since I started this. Lost a kidney to cancer and fighting depression because of it. But I have not done this mod yet and have a couple of questions about it.
#1, where I remove the diode and the resistor, do I need to reconnect the circuit with jumper wire, or leave it open?
#2, I cannot find which test pin to hook up my frequency counter to or the frequency's to adjust it to for correct alignment. Can you help me with the additional information?

Thanks, sammitch

ExitThirteen,
I apologize for opening an old thread. But I have had a lot of health problems since I started this. Lost a kidney to cancer and fighting depression because of it. But I have not done this mod yet and have a couple of questions about it.
#1, where I remove the diode and the resistor, do I need to reconnect the circuit with jumper wire, or leave it open?
#2, I cannot find which test pin to hook up my frequency counter to or the frequency's to adjust it to for correct alignment. Can you help me with the additional information?

Thanks, sammitch

Anybody have the info I need?
Thanks, sammitch

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.