• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need a lil help with the TEABERRY RANGER " T " ssb mobile please

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014

Attachments

• Brians EBAY TEABERRY RANGER  T 14.jpg
    Brians EBAY TEABERRY RANGER T 14.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Brians EBAY TEABERRY RANGER  T 15.jpg
    Brians EBAY TEABERRY RANGER T 15.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Brians EBAY TEABERRY RANGER  T 16.jpg
    Brians EBAY TEABERRY RANGER T 16.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Teaberry Ranger T PLL CHIP.jpg
    Teaberry Ranger T PLL CHIP.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 42

Here is from CBC International in the Sams Photofacts

Ranger "T": sim. to Cobra 140GTL in...........................#219

Never worked on one before. Think I would look at the chassis for a number and also look for a 'Uniden' name somewhere on it too. might be an equivalent to a Cobra 142GTl; but w/o a chassis # it is hard to say. Perhaps Xit13 has worked on one before and might chime in. He knows his radios . . .

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
do you know what the issues are ?

Well one doesn't TX or RX and the other does very low... NO INFO on the MB8709 PLL so that doesn't help in the least either ! But I've sent the radios off now to another tech who has time to work on them and it's job... He talked like he could fix them up np...

So we'll see at some point in the comming week.

Retro

I think he wants to mod it for channels, unlocked clarifier, etc.

~Cheers~

Well to one of them, and keep the other stock I think... I do want one fully loaded though hehe ! How in the world are ya brother ? I doubt I have your phone number anymore since I upgraded my phone recently seems I lost a great deal of people.

And the Motorola ssb base I had asked you about, went to this tech too as I'm tired of waiting and messing around with it.

Cheers back to ya, Retro (Jimbo)

Folks I'm still looking for a few things on these radios. Service manual and the Schematics for the PLL chip which is a MB8709 !

NO this is NOT clearly similar to a Cobra 140gtl or anything else like that ! My tech has them now and he's got one so far working well but I was wanting the clarifer unlocked and possible a little freeband channels added but the MB8709 PLL chip is next to IMPOSSIBLE to find schematics for so I'm asking for help here please ...

Thanks in advance, Retro

Never worked on one before. Think I would look at the chassis for a number and also look for a 'Uniden' name somewhere on it too. might be an equivalent to a Cobra 142GTl; but w/o a chassis # it is hard to say. Perhaps Xit13 has worked on one before and might chime in. He knows his radios . . .

These aren't similar to Cobra 140gtl or 142gtl nope notta ...

Thanks for the reply though take it easy bro, Retro

Secert CB Vol 6 Pg 24, 25.

Yeah I found that after reposting here. Waiting to hear back from my tech if that really worked or not. On the other hand, I'd really like to get some info and schematics on that darn PLL MB8709, it's quite rare to begin with only used in a few radios apparently. Seems somebody here would have that info ?

Thanks for the reply and I'll post back here once I have word of how well that went. But he might think it's not a good idea to do it if he doesn't have enough info to open the clarifer and again no info on that procedure either...

Retro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated