• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need a source for .33 100Volt Nonpolarized Capacitors

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Iam in need of and on the hunt for some .33MFD 100Volt Nonpolarized Capacitors they were a bugger to find 15 years ago and Im sure are a bigger pain to obtain now. I had gotten several of these Capacitors and some other items from Tech America 15 or 16 years ago but they soon after sent a letter explaing they could no longer sell to me as they only sold to businesses "Radio Shack" anyways can someone help me find a source or even a substitute thats guaranteed to work in its place . I beeen looking online and this must be an older oddball Cap value I seem to go through this everytime I dive into projects LOL!! Thanks for any help locating these or an working substitute.

IIRC, Grangiers might have them.

What is the application?

...If space isn't a problem, you can tie two like valued electrolytic caps together to roll your own. You will need two 100uf/100v electrolytic caps; the solder the negative leads together. That will equal a 50uf non-polarized cap. Should be close enough for a starter motor; but not right for a resonant circuit...

EDIT:

Didn't see the .33uf value until after I posted. Same goes for the .33 tho. You will need two 1uf/100v electrolytics to get .50uf.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated