• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need A Spec. Anyone Here Own a Kenwood TS 2000 ?

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Help me win a bet .... or lose :whistle: A local friend with a TS 2000 is telling me the internal autotuners on this thing will correct a 10:1 mismatch. That doesn't sound right. Most rigs I'm familiar with only do up to a 2:1. I've looked at the 2000 Manual online but it doesn't say anywhere in the thing what the tuner's mismatch correction capability is.
Anyone know? Can you provide a link or take a pic or screenshot of the spec? I needs the proof

Tnx !! :sneaky:

Thanks SS. Like I said, I've looked through the manual and didn't seem to say anywhere.

It is far from impressive as is the radio in my opinion.I dislike it so much I am trading the TS-2000 for a friends Browning Golden Eagle MK IV as soon as he makes the trip and brings me that Bird.I replaced the TS-2000 with an ICOM 821H & ICOM 910H.I only ever used it for Satellite work and I hated the way it worked.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: binrat
3:1 5:1 MAX
i have one its a Nice all around radio but i don't fined my self using VHF/UHF on it vary much. i have used a lot of radios so fare none have made me want to sell it and get "that" radio.
and i added a PAN adapter to mine so

Reactions: Woody-202
My 7610 has an emergency mode. I think it will tune close to that, but it rolls power back by 50%. I owned a TS-2000, but don't recall that feature. Pretty handy if it does.

Reactions: Woody-202
Most internal tubers will do max 1:3, due to the limitations in C's and coils selection, in the transceiver.

One reason i always make resonant antenna's so i don't have the losses, your radio might see a good swr, but the feedline and antenna stillhave a mismatch.
I don't use the internal tuner of thee new FT 991A, if need be the MFJ 993 B is used, worst SWR in my antenna system is 1: 2.8, Imax 2000 on 18 MHz.
The rest is all within 1:2.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated