• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Aluminum Cleaning Product Advice

At your local automotive dealer there is a polish that comes in a can and is a cotton tic that is saturated with a cleaner/polish that when applied turns the surface black and when dry and wiped away is the safest manner for cleaning aluminum.

I've used "Never Dull" as well! It's messy and takes elbow grease to work, but you'll get a like new shine, without damaging the surface. Acid will strip the surface and you'll end up with white aluminum.

I am going to try the AC coil cleaner this morning. I have it on hand so no up front expense. It will be diluted and I'll watch it closely - not leave on too long, and try on a small area first. Will report back. Many thanks for all the tips!

I have always used air conditioner core cleaner (acid) on my diamond plate and antennas.
just spray it on, wait a minute and rinse it off... looks like brand new.

Just got done and this works like a champ! Had heavy build up so I did have to do only LIGHT scrub around with a plastic brush. Done in minutes. Removed ALL gunk.

Further recommend a weal solution. Dilute down to 1:8 or even 1:10 with water. It doesn't take much.

THANKS !! Which I'd known this sooner.

Should also work for cleaning aluminum antennas which also collect the same crap - if you have one down for repair or adjusting and want to clean while down.

Good deal
I forgot to mention diluting. It's already diluted when I get it so I just kind of forgot about that part.
I used to like to watch it in action and would look for stuff to clean just so i could watch it turn black and slide off lol

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.