• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need directions on Bias setting? AMPLIFIER

Hello,any body have the directions that came with this DX WORLD-e amplifier.Need to set the Bias.

• Nobody will have it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bombardier

Dec 19, 2021
16469671815131708195243430614849.jpg

The quiescent drain current is listed on the dxworld website as 500mA each mosfet.
2022-03-11 01_11_03-HF LINEAR AMPLIFIER BOARD 600W 1.8-30MHz _ Dxworld-e - Brave.jpg

The MicroSemi datasheet over on Mouser has a 300w single mosfet test circuit that shows 250mA bias.

I have no manual for that, but I'll take a guess at the procedure. I assume the bias button provides power to the bias network in the absence of an RF signal. Being I see no convenient jumper to remove for measuring the mosfet drain currents individually, I would have to guess the procedure would be something like this: While watching the current meter, adjust both potentiometers so the current draw is the lowest (being careful not to let it go high by turning the pot the wrong way). At this point assume both mosfets are off. Then, from that current reading, with the button pressed, turn one pot until the current into the amp increases by 500mA from what it was before. Then, turn the other pot for another 500mA increase and release button.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.