• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need DX-500 top cover

Greg T

WDX-945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
Paint condition is unimportant but must be straight with no dents or dimples. Let me know what you have, if you have something for sale.

Reactions: Tokin

Good luck, these tins are getting very hard to find. Ive been hunting for a 250dx lid for a couple of years now.
Ill keep an eye out and message you if i find one.

Reactions: Greg T
Good luck, these tins are getting very hard to find. Ive been hunting for a 250dx lid for a couple of years now.

Appreciate it. I know Gatekeeper has a shit ton of them but won't part with them. As far as a DX-250, I know a guy that blew his 250 up and still has it sitting on a shelf. you may remember the threads I had a while back about my buddy with the ranger 980 that was throwing a carrier on LSB. Well, that's the radio that blew this 250. He may sell it if you're interested.

Here is the 250 the guy has for sale. It may or may not be what you're looking for. The top has some holes, I think. Repairable, tho.

Attachments

• 250-1.JPG
    250-1.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 250-2.JPG
    250-2.JPG
    393 KB · Views: 9
  • 250-3.JPG
    250-3.JPG
    371.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 250-4.JPG
    250-4.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 9
I had a couple of covers made for other amps at a local mechanical contractor shop that does fabrication/sheetmetal bending. Pretty cheap and quality material, just drill holes and powder coat…..

I had a couple of covers made for other amps at a local mechanical contractor shop that does fabrication/sheetmetal bending. Pretty cheap and quality material, just drill holes and powder coat…..
Yeah, my home town has a population of 12000. Not many fab shops around

Any decent sheet metal guy.
Look for HVAC service that installs, they often need transitions made from sheet metal.
If they don't have a way to fold metal they should know a metal forming service who does.
You paint them.

Jeff
Yeah, that's what I had mentioned earlier. A tin knocker may be able to do it. Although, I just messaged my son and asked him if he knew anyone. He said it's a piece of cake and that he's built new cases for welders and such! WHO KNEW??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.