• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Help Quick USED 897D $680 Should I buy?!

jmz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 8, 2010
I have an opportunity to buy an 897D for $680 which I have been thinking about buying if you have seen my other posts...unit looks in good shape, has the box and is from a ham that I could probably meet in person to make the purchase...I was just mentioning this as a sanity check to see if you people think this is a good deal...it's 15 dollars cheaper than I was expecting to have to pay...It also has original accessories and the mobile mounting bracket. Pix of it look like it is in good shape....I had thought about buying a proper HF rig but I just can't decide on the one yet...and since I am undecided I know I can use the 897 during the meantime and when I make my next purchase of a good HF only rig this will be a great radio for taking out camping and cabin use....

What do you think?

Thanks for commenting...I need the help...I think things to death and miss opportunities because of it...I need the encouragement and or friendly advice...

on the HF only rig I am trying to decide between the TS 590s and FT950

Thank you!! John - KE4HGR

I run a 857D as a base station and the contacts I have talked to could not tell if I was on a ts2000 or a mobile on a power supply. Great radio with all of the bands and all of the modes. Go for it and have fun with it.

Too bad I missed this post earlier. I think that's a pretty good price. I sold one recently for quite a bit more than that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.