• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help with a replacement part on a DAVE MADE base 2x4

wow what a crude P.O.S.
so thats what all the welfare drunks in east dayton run to get that splatter effect that carries from ch20 into 10m!
thats all they talk about is their "dave made"
back on topic is that an adjustable attenuator on the input?

Yep... On the input. BTW this POS has been in service for a long time. Its an original serial #0008 and its clean on SSB. Of course thats probably because of what goes in it... I am sure you have a couple of POS gear around your crap shack that you just cant throw away yet??:oops:

Anyone know where I can get a 5 watt or 10 watt 100k pot? Cant find one on the net

Thanx

That pot is 2 watt 100 ohm. The proper way to run that amp anyway is to turn the pot wide open and use a variable key in the radio.
If you run that amp on ssb, it's no wonder the variable is blown out. A 2x4 class C amp is the worst possible choice for ssb...you either have to run the ssb pep to less than 6 watts or just about turn the pot all the way down and watch it slowly smoke.

Last edited:
I don't disturb my neighbors. It amplifys what I put in it. This box has been in service for a long time and I mainly talk ssb with it. It's regulated just fine. Been a constant 18 volts forever. LOL. I mean geeez men it still does 4000 watts on my dosy meter and my Swr is only 3:1 LOL

The power supply might be 18-20 volts at rest (floating) but when you key the amp it'll drop to 14-14.75 volts by design.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.