• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help with a replacement part on a DAVE MADE base 2x4

Charlie Brown

certifiable
Dec 18, 2010
Tennessee
www.pedalsteelman.com
Hi

I have a davemade 2x4 base amp and its time to replace the variable pot. The pot in question dont have any values like 250K or 500K ect...

I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what the replacement pot would be? I have a 500K ohm pot but I dont wanna even try that one til I know for sure? Its an old one serial #008

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Thanks
Charlie Brown 112
Hendersonville TN

pedal-steel-man-albums-dave-made-008-picture2722-dave-made-008.jpg

Wow, a look at the photo shows absolutley no DC power regulation and no output filtering whatsoever.

Wow, a look at the photo shows absolutley no DC power regulation and no output filtering whatsoever.

Thats your typical "Transistor Blister" AM splatter box,
Its a wonder anyone can have a QSO on 11 meter, splatter 20 kc either way with those on the air.......... I learned a LONG time time ago its one thing to be LOUD but be CLEAN also and not disturbe your neighbours.....

Thats your typical "Transistor Blister" AM splatter box,
Its a wonder anyone can have a QSO on 11 meter, splatter 20 kc either way with those on the air.......... I learned a LONG time time ago its one thing to be LOUD but be CLEAN also and not disturbe your neighbours.....

I don't disturb my neighbors. It amplifys what I put in it. This box has been in service for a long time and I mainly talk ssb with it. It's regulated just fine. Been a constant 18 volts forever. LOL. I mean geeez men it still does 4000 watts on my dosy meter and my Swr is only 3:1 LOL

I don't disturb my neighbors. It amplifys what I put in it. This box has been in service for a long time and I mainly talk ssb with it. It's regulated just fine. Been a constant 18 volts forever. LOL. I mean geeez men it still does 4000 watts on my dosy meter and my Swr is only 3:1 LOL

Pedal Steel Man,
You ok dude..... Got a sence of humour and thats alright in my book..

LMAO @ 18 volts and 4000 watts w/3:1 match

Started my day with a good laugh Thnx.
Give a yell on the air if you hear me and I will yell back...

Reactions: 1 person
wow what a crude P.O.S.
so thats what all the welfare drunks in east dayton run to get that splatter effect that carries from ch20 into 10m!
thats all they talk about is their "dave made"
back on topic is that an adjustable attenuator on the input?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.