• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Help!!!

KJ4VRQ

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 9, 2013
I have a Yaesu 897.

Yesterday, I turned my desk lamp off before turning off my radio. When I reached with my finger to hold the power button down to power the radio down, I accidentally held down the function "f" key.

I then held the power button down to turn the radio off. I didn't think anything of it and then today when I turned to radio on, there is a funny symbol on the bottom right of the screen at the end of my S meter and the VFO knob will not work.

The other small knob will let me turn through the frequencies but the large VFO knob won't function. Other than that, the radio seems to be working fine.

Does anybody know what I need to do to get the VFO knob functioning again? It seems like I may have accidentally activated or deactivated something...

Also, the VFO knob is still functional because it works on the menu screen but doesn't work on the main screen when I want to use to turn about through the frequencies...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 126
If that small symbol to the right of the s-meter looks like a key ( and i think it does) you fingered the lock button.
It is a small button to the right of the power switch, below it you will see the word "lock" press it again and the key will go away and your main tuning knob will work as normal.

Jeff

Thanks for the responses. I'm pretty sure that I accidentally hit the lock button. I'll see if that fixes it when I get home.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.