• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need info on Super Jopix 3000b NO RX NO TX.

RichardHartman

Feb 7, 2019
Hi there,

I just received a Super Jopix 3000b 10m base transceiver. The gentleman who gave it to me said when he plugged it in he smelled smoke and then shut it down. I did find that the reverse protection diode was bad (burnt the board). I replaced the diode and now the radio powers up. This radio has been modified but I don't know what mods have been done. I do know if you switch to dim the channel selector displays n1 thru n8. Im assuming this is a band selector mod. The freq display stays on 24.183 and 24.793 doesn't matter which channel I select it stays the same but when changing the band is when it changes between the two freq above. The clarifier does work, volume works but NO RX/TX. I tried 27.395 signal but it did not work on any channel or band. It appears that all the controls are working. I'm unable to locate any repair documentation but I think it might be a cybernet board from some of the reading I did find. The board # M-294HB-C. Any help would be greatly appreciated documentation, advice or even trouble shoot direction. View attachment 42382 View attachment 42382 20210105_041837.jpg 20210105_041851.jpg 20210105_041909.jpg 20210105_041924.jpg 20210105_041952.jpg 20210105_042019.jpg

This radio is very similar to the RCI 2980 on the outside but the inside is some export board. I do not have any experience with any export radio.

Update..
What I have been able to find on the web is a Galaxy Saturn SSB Base. The board in that unit is the same board but some of the components are different. Adjustable pots and the resistor numbering are the same but the capacitors numbering is different.

Along with the process of trying to locate info on this unit I did find that the 10.24 Xtal was bad, another victim of the nasty board glue! With this crystal and the diode being replaced the radio has come to life but it still has an issue.

AM mode - in this mode my carrier is right on frequency when TX but in RX I have to listen to the channel below? So if I'm listening to CH39 I need to have the dial on CH38 but when I TX I have to have the dial on CH39 (unwanted split mode, lol)

SSB mode- in this mode TX and RX are correct with the exception that the coarse clarifier is at the 9 o'clock position.

This does have a channel bank that is an add on I believe. You use the bright/dim switch into dim mode and it has banks 1-8 and they do not repeat themselves and the display gets dim.. While in Bright mode normal operation showing the CH# it has a hum in LSB. I thought it was from the fan in the onboard switching power supply. I used an external power supply and the hum is still present but if I switch into dim mode to change the CH bank the hum goes away.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great while I still continue to find some more literature for this exact unit.

North Star 9000 is what I remember of this setup. An almost-copy of the mid-90s EPT3600 board but with a twist. The receiver front end is a dual-gate MOSFET. The AGC for that stage of the receiver gets changed, since the MOSFET needs a falling voltage to turn it down. The circuit board is wired for a bipolar transistor with PIN diodes that gets a rising voltage to turn it down. The 2904 or LM324 op-amp chip has one section unused of the four opamps in the chip. The piggyback board seen over that chip uses that fourth section of the chip to invert the radio's AGC voltage so it will match the gate-voltage requirement of the DG MOSFET.

This is all the data I know to find online: http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cherokee/ns9000/index.htm

Reactions: RichardHartman
Thank you so much for your help in identifying the radio inside. We have Sams to offer our service manuals do you know if there is a similar Co for the export radio's? I did find a Owners Manual for the Jopix so this would be the same for the NS9500. Stated in black and white on PG 23 its a NS9500.

Attachments

• Supper_Jopix_SJ-3000B_user.pdf
    348.5 KB · Views: 7
Howard Sams publishing stopped printing new issues of their "CB" series around 1981. The size of the CB market fell below the minimum that Sams thought they could make a buck selling books. The number of CB radios being sold had taken a serious tumble by then. A couple of publishers like Thomas Publishing, CB City International and one or two more have covered export (10-meter ham) radios in the decades since, but their coverage is a bit hit-and-miss.

Original factory info from the radio's importers gets passed around the 'net. A surprisingly-large percentage of that is posted at cbtricks.com.

Reactions: RichardHartman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.