• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need some advice

Just keep at it, write, call.., I would even call the local PD and ask an officer to come out and take a complaint...as has been posted above, Clinton did indeed sign a bill that allows local law to get involved with radio issues...and if they say it is not there jurisdiction, tell them to look up the legislation that permits the enforcement of certain FCC Citizens Band regulations by state and local governments, now PL 106-521.
It is a little more complex than that but it might push them to pay the guy a visit.
Write your congressman, your district rep, hell write your governor...
You and everyone that you can get to help needs to pour on the pressure, on the local, state and federal levels untill it becomes a thorn in the side of everyone and they get tired of hearing about it....never give up.
50 phone calls, 100 letters...just keep at it.

Jeff

I just read that entire thread. Why anyone is a member of that forum I will never understand.

Alrighty then....

Here begins the siren saga. Even included is a picture of the "lock down" radio in action. This is from his forum site: FORUMS: Hey! What happened?

Ham site: welcome to w8ets web site

FM radio station site: WCRZY 93.1fm

Be sure that *YOU* save images of this stuff (typically: mouse over the picture, right-click, "save picture as"). If he gets wind of something about to happen, he could easily and quickly pull incriminating evidence. I haven't looked at the forum, just the last two links -- but it may be a good idea to save screen-shots of his posts, as well. Before he edits them.

More ammo for you.

W8ETS is just a cb'er with a tech class license. I would not even call him a HAM operator. He appears to just do what he wants. His 2 meter repeater aparantly is not coordinated. Can't fine it on the list. He will be caught up with soon, you may want to stay away from his place.
Rich

Be sure that *YOU* save images of this stuff (typically: mouse over the picture, right-click, "save picture as"). If he gets wind of something about to happen, he could easily and quickly pull incriminating evidence. I haven't looked at the forum, just the last two links -- but it may be a good idea to save screen-shots of his posts, as well. Before he edits them.

More ammo for you.

I already have a nice little Word document with screen shots and photos. Something should be in the mail by the end of the week. Should it be sent to the field office, or is there another, "higher" office that could handle it?

W8ETS is just a cb'er with a tech class license. I would not even call him a HAM operator. He appears to just do what he wants. His 2 meter repeater aparantly is not coordinated. Can't fine it on the list. He will be caught up with soon, you may want to stay away from his place.
Rich

I like the sound of that.(y)

Rich
Come on now, you can't deny he's one of your own.

Oh boy!
Now we get to do that good old CB -vs- ham thingy, that's such fun! don't start yet, I'm still pooping the popcorn and cooling the beer. Shouldn't take very long though...
- 'Doc

Okay, here's what I got...

1: Letter to field office with dates and times of the offending siren. I copied the pertinent posts on the website forum referring to the siren, and I'm including screen shots as well. Screen shots and pics from the LPFM station website, web addresses, the guy's name, phone, address, call sign.

2: Email and/or phone call to Sirius with screen shots and pics from the LPFM station website along with the web address, the guy's name, phone & address.

Anything else? Is there any other office other than the field office I should contact?

Thanks! (y)

Oh boy!
Now we get to do that good old CB -vs- ham thingy, that's such fun! don't start yet, I'm still pooping the popcorn and cooling the beer. Shouldn't take very long though...
- 'Doc

New flavor: Butt-ered popcorn. I always thought it strange that corn will pass right through the digestive tract intact.:whistle:

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.