• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • The Winners of the three Retevis radios 16 Anniversary giveaway are announced!! Click Here to find out if you won!

Need to ID this mystery pc board from a HF transceiver.

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
I Support WorldwideDX.com!
Apr 3, 2005
8,981
15,105
698
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
So here's a quirky dilemma. I acquired this bandpass-filter board years ago from a customer. His thing was tearing down HF transceivers and selling the individual assemblies. Not one of my bad habits.

Yet.


jTjOBg.jpg



But I have no idea what radio this board came out of. I'm accustomed to the pc-board IDs found on Yaesu and Kenwood radios, but this one has me baffled. Gargle can't ID it from the only two numbers it bears. If it came out of an Icom radio, I have no idea which one.


RPvXOg.jpg



The numbers are obscured in the pic above.


n2GOH9.jpg


Gargle was no help.

I need to unload it. Just don't fancy sending it to the cruncher. Finding it a new home probably requires identifying it first.

73
 

So here's a quirky dilemma. I acquired this bandpass-filter board years ago from a customer. His thing was tearing down HF transceivers and selling the individual assemblies. Not one of my bad habits.

Yet.


jTjOBg.jpg



But I have no idea what radio this board came out of. I'm accustomed to the pc-board IDs found on Yaesu and Kenwood radios, but this one has me baffled. Gargle can't ID it from the only two numbers it bears. If it came out of an Icom radio, I have no idea which one.


RPvXOg.jpg



The numbers are obscured in the pic above.


n2GOH9.jpg


Gargle was no help.

I need to unload it. Just don't fancy sending it to the cruncher. Finding it a new home probably requires identifying it first.

73
IC-745 Filter Unit
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lost Ram
that board is used in the ICOM IC-751A models.

They all use the B703 board with a different letter at the end.

Google AI seems to think that the "G" designation means it came from an IC-751A meant for the European market.

However, I think i agree with Brandon that this one might have come out of an IC-765 because of the PC board color.
LC
 

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.