• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEED TUBE CB TECNICHION

Probably because there is no money in it for them. It's pretty hard to charge someone $100 to work on a radio that is worth about $10 on the market. LOL seriously though that's one reason.
When I was looking for a tech. to work on my Tram D201 I was willing to spend big bucks to have it repaired, but there were still no takers. The most common responses I got were that parts were expensive and hard to find, and that the tech. had no experience in repairing old tube radios. Eventually I did find a tech. to repair the radio and it cost me around $400.00 of which I gladly paid.

I agree that there was a lack of experienced techs to work on the tube gear but I disagree about the lack of parts. Tube gear is made from basic components that are still obtainable. The tubes are still out there too. It's not like a lot of the newer solid state gear made today that go obsolete after about ten years because some proprietary integrated circuit gets discontinued truly rendering them unserviceable by anyone anywhere at any price.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio