• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New 2 Me Used AT6666 is this Correct?

RoadRanger

Mar 13, 2015
Ontario Canada just North of Toronto
So I finally got a AT6666, other then the fan that has been added. I don't like the fact it's always on.
But not sure if other things have been done?IMG_6120.JPGIMG_6121.JPGIMG_6122.JPG
Also a few other things, wondering, I have a road devil mic that I used for a 2950, can I just plug it in & off I go or is the wiring different?
The Echo shows on the screen but when I turn it off in the menu it stays on?
Think I will do a reset to see if that stops it.

• Wow
Reactions: Rwb

I never saw one with such sloppy heat sink compound. Also the road devil will sound bad. I tried every kind of mic imagineable on that radio and the only ones that sounded good were stock, 636L and 575M6.

Reactions: Rwb and RoadRanger
Man, what in the world is that soldered to the mosfet shield plate?

I have to agree about the slop all over that regulator transistor.

Someone has done some modding on that dude.

Last edited:
  • Haha
must been my ex wifes radio,sloppy workmanship inside,same as her house keeping.
hope you get it sorted out soon n get to using it to radio it up

Reactions: Low_Boy
Some one has definitely been inside your radio. I hope it works good for you , I use the DELTA M2 mic on mine and everyone likes the way it sounds I use the radio as a base . Yours is the 1st to have a fan that I heard of , most dont get that hot . They do get hot but not enough for a fan .

Thanks for the input everyone.
I have had it hooked up & works as it should.
AxlMyk I will be cleaning it up for sure.
I will look on the other side when I get some time, show pic's if something is ???
I like the idea of the up & down buttons so the stock mic is my chose for now.
The fan will be coming off BigLou as I didn't see the the need for it myself.

Reactions: Rwb and BigLou
I cleaned up all the compound, looks way better now.
The upgrade's are from what I can see are,
Palomar Max-Mod 1721,
4700uf 25v x2,
The other parts read like this
F E HO KA780? not sure of the last number.
UTC TDA2003 IC 82TLTQ

Here is the other side.
AT-6666 bottom1.JPGAT-6666 bottom2.JPG
The red wire was running the fan that is now gone.

• Wow
I've been using a 6666 for some months now and can say the stock mic is excellent.

I tried an Astatic 575 but everyone said the stock mic sounded the clearest.
Superstar 452 will blow any other mic away even with the echo turned off best ever 30 bucks youll spend youll have a wheelbarrow full of flowers to deal with on radio checks amen

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.