• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New 32 pill is a dog :(

Best wishes on hoping that you get your big box up and running.
Thanks, its been at the builders for a month now and he said he is still checking it out. I reaaly do hope it doesn't take him another four months to fix it. I want to key it down already. Plus if he truely does understand amplifiers it should be a quick in and out fix. Pshh, warranty repair, should be bumped to the front of the line

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I too hope they get your amp straightened out soon but 4 weeks and still checking it out? Not knowing who the builder is i have to ask if he has a supply big enough to fully test a 32 pill?
I personally wouldnt want an hg pill amp bigger than a 2x8. I just dont believe the the pills workmanship is of the quality to support anything bigger.
Do you know if he properly matched the pills or did they go by hg hfe numbers? I seem to remember Crusher saying he tested DOZENS of hg 2879 16d08's before finding 4 or 8 that matched properly, i dont remember the exact number but it wasnt many. If thats the case your builder wouldve had to test hundreds to find 32.
Not to mention now is a shitty time to ship electronics especially large pieces.
Im just full of all kinds of good thoughts today arent i? Maybe i need to stay in bed...

Reactions: AudioShockwav
I would hope he is matching all the transistors and doing it right. All my amps from him have been perfect so far, from my two 2 pills, 4, 6, 8, and 16. I have been hesitating to drop the name cause he is a pretty solid guy. Its hopper built boxes.

Reactions: TIN_CAN and Tokin
Hopper has a good rep from what ive seen. Id feel pretty confident hes doing what he should. Man, a 32 pill is just a lot of hg's to try and make happy lol.
Ive cut myself off transistor amps at 16. If i want more I'll spring for tubes simply because its less parts to fail.

Reactions: Highway Man
Hopper has a good rep from what ive seen. Id feel pretty confident hes doing what he should. Man, a 32 pill is just a lot of hg's to try and make happy lol.
Ive cut myself off transistor amps at 16. If i want more I'll spring for tubes simply because its less parts to fail.
Yea, i just hope he is quick about it. I had to wait almost five months to get it, keyed down once, it failed, sent it back, omg. hope its not gonna be another five months to fix it. That and i have to check in with him for updates. I hate that. Let me know whats up ya know. Any way i run tubes for really high power as well at the house. This 32 goes in my truck.

I too hope they get your amp straightened out soon but 4 weeks and still checking it out? Not knowing who the builder is i have to ask if he has a supply big enough to fully test a 32 pill?
I personally wouldnt want an hg pill amp bigger than a 2x8. I just dont believe the the pills workmanship is of the quality to support anything bigger.
Do you know if he properly matched the pills or did they go by hg hfe numbers? I seem to remember Crusher saying he tested DOZENS of hg 2879 16d08's before finding 4 or 8 that matched properly, i dont remember the exact number but it wasnt many. If thats the case your builder wouldve had to test hundreds to find 32.
Not to mention now is a shitty time to ship electronics especially large pieces.
Im just full of all kinds of good thoughts today arent i? Maybe i need to stay in bed...

I will not run anything bigger that a straight 8 mobile anymore, I want easy.

Jeff

Wow! So i FINALY got it back from the builder for repair. What a nightmare, i ordered it, waited 6 months, got it, keyed a few times, it smoked, another 5 months for repair. Ridiculous. Anyway he said the bias relay and bias circuit was only working some of the time. So on keydown the bias didn't kick in and burnt stuff up. He said he bypassed all the bias stuff and it worked 100% all the time. He could not figure out how to make the bias work. Huh? Oh well whatever. I said rip all the bias crap outa there and make it a fresh class c box then, or b ? He agreed that was the best solution and did it. so now its a fresh new 32 pill AM bomb. Gonna put it back in the mobile this weekend, we shall see what happens

Well it died again! Keyed it down and the relay chattered like it had not enough drive, it started drawing tons of current, and the fans and power led practically turned off when keyed. Now im really pissed. I am now completely convinced that hopper built is not knowledgeable enough to build anything over a 16pill that works. If he truly knows electronics and circuit design he would have fixed it right the first time. Not be stumped, cant figure it out, wrong diagnosis etc. I believe now he is like most of these guys, they are putting cb amps together from plans/memory and truly dont have any electronics knowledge, how a circuit works and why it does what it does. Now i have a $4,000 doorstop that i am probably going to just throw away and call it a loss. Nate has ignored me at this point probably thinking its my fault (very unprofessional). He built a lemmon, it happens, make it right. Guess not. Anyway im not going to pay $200 to ship it again. I am truly very upset. My 2, 4, 6, 8, 16pill amps from nate are great. 32 pill? He blew it! Back to being a 16 pill mudduck:(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: NZ8N and 144inBama

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated