• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New 6 antenna up

avistar23

May 17, 2005
Nassau Bahamas
New 6 antenna up *new pics* another 6 yagi added

well, my 3rd 6m beam is up, and i think im finally happy....

1.1 SWR on 50.110

well go great with my 1kw amp project

cant wait to hear you guys on 6

73's

C6ANU

decided to rebuild my 4 ele and give it another try

Attachments

• IMG00886-20120729-1841.jpg
    IMG00886-20120729-1841.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG00889-20120730-1859.jpg
    IMG00889-20120730-1859.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 108
  • antenna3.jpg
    antenna3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

40 feet up, its a directive systems ds505? i think thats the model number

the smaller crankup is for my 2 meter from gulph alpha, which i ordered about 6months ago, which he charged me for, and still hasn't sent.. nice huh?

the amp project is coming along, i cant get sheet metal cut straight here, so i made a cabinet out of finished plywood, then i made a sheet metal cage for the rf deck inside, it came out nice.

moral of the story, i would never order from gulph alpha again, i could of stacked two cushcraft for the price, or got an m2 and, i should of bought a sheet metal break when i was thinking about it, but i thought a tig welder would be more useful.

I am Extremely surprized in hearing your lack of good service from Gulf Alpha..

I have 3 of their antennas ( they all work Excellent )
received mine in under 10 days..
( also i have sent quite a few other people to him and never heard any complaints like you are having..Which seems very un like my experience with Pete)

What has Pete said ?

M2 makes good antennas as well.
Although i have yet to see anyone make a better lasting and better performer then the Gulf Alpha beams

I would call Pete at Gulf Alpha and ask him to deliver or refund your money or better yet take action through your credit card company. A simple Google search of his company will yield a host of complaints about delivery times. Some are quite irate while others are much more civil but they all say the same thing,weeks or months over due. No way in hell I would wait six months for an antenna after being charged for it regardless of the build quality. Other antennas are built to last as well, have similar or greater gain, and are delivered in days from the bigger manufacturers. As with any vendor you will always have those that swear they never had a problem or even ever heard of any problems but let Google speak for itself. Good performance can only be realized if you actually have the antenna to use.

he told me all the complaints were in the past and would be 3 week wait max, i don't doubt his antenna quality, if i call he always has a pleasant story, of why it is taking so long. however its impossible a couple pieces of aluminum could take this long.

Reactions: 1 person
update, antenna shipping tomorrow, SO HE SAYS, and the 4 element i cleaned up and re did all connections before putting on the new tower, swr is down to 1.4, im happy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.