• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Antron A-99 with Radial kit.

Hardhead,
Yes, it'll work fine. Don't expect 'miraculous' results even at 36 feet, but it'll work good.
- 'Doc

Your question is not worded correctly. Let me fix it for you.....

Audio Boost said:
Is it true that the 99 and 2000 will cause RFI if any substantial power is used?

To answer your question, YES!!!

;)

Audio Boost said:
Is it true that the 99 and 2000 will cause RFI if mounted below 40 feet if any substantial power is modulated?

like master chief said YES. but you do have the groundplane kit that helps. if you do have problems there are some other things you can do.

isolate from mast so you dont have metal to metal contact.
short fibreglass shovel handle works good for that. that will keep you mast from radiating.

then a 1:1 choke balun at the feedpoint of your antenna will keep the coax from radiating and force all the current into the antenna and groundplane.

even with these measure's there is never any garrantee you wont still come over someones part15 electronics device. even if you bought the best antenna made example: I10k. :)

but the above 2 examples did stop my nieghbors from cutting my coax and constantly calling the police. :) :guitar

A-99

Got mine up today. Works fine so far, no TV interference. I have it 100 ft away from the house. Should be ok. Good reports so far.
1.2 to 1 swr.

if you run clean equipment, and dont get to carried away in the power department, you will be fine, i live in a trailer park with an antron up 20 feet, 150 watts or so with no tvi/rfi problems, my station is well grounded and radios not over modulated i talk all over and no complaints :)

Hardhead to answer your question yes. I also have an A99 @ 25ft. ....... and with proper antenna and radio grounding along with a good 52 ohm low pass filter @100 watts output i have NO TVI at all.
This set up is what works for me however there is no garrantee and as mentioned before the more distance you have the better.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. My system seems to be working very well. I used 9914 buryflex cable so I could stay underground to the antenna. I have now almost 1 to 1 on swr across the band.
Thanks again to everyone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.