• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Connex Base

jammeejoe

Aug 8, 2005
East Texas
Has anyone heard anything about the new connex base radio? Just wondering how it performed, and is it any different than the 2517 galaxy. I haven't seen any schematics on it. Thanks

looks like another rebadged RCI, doubt it is anything new, or justifies the reported $500 price tag.... Give me something old school, or better yet a little value for your $$$ $500 will buy a decent Icom....

They just keep rehashing the old radios, updating them with cheaper SMT, Mosfets etc... Its going to take real innovation for them to get me to open my wallet for any NEW CB/10 Meter Base...

Attachments

• kodakpictures1589.jpg
    kodakpictures1589.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 7
Oh, I dunno.
It might be interesting to read a review on it.
What kind of innovations would you like to see in it?

None its already to late... But if I were designing, first off a new look.... very important since that one has been beaten to death... 25-28 on a DDS, keep it simple, put more effort into quality RX/TX, and don't worry about cosmetics within reason..

$500..

I know i never would spend that on a re badged so so radio

Indeed take the money and get a decent Icom (any day of the week)

Was what i did a few yrs ago.
I have no regrets

The rack mount is tired and redundant.
Nobody rack mounts a base CB.
I long for the days of wood veneer.

Seriously though, my thoughts are with repackaging the SoftRock v6.3 design for 11 meters with a good power amplifier. Because we are in the "computer age".

The rack mount is tired and redundant.
Nobody rack mounts a base CB. I long for the days of wood veneer.

Precisely why I keep this old beast in my shack:
Mine has solid wood panels not veneer, the factory upgraded l.e.d. channel display, variable PWR, variable MODU, locked/unlocked CLARIFIER, dual finals, high current supply, fan cooled. Given to me free in trade for fixing a couple of radios for a CBer.
courier_centurion.jpg

CONNEX SATURN FROM CUSTOM CB SHOP
just bought one opened it up turned it on, started to adjust it, turned on the talkback something popped lost all sound coming out of speakers. called custom cb shop back and he said this wasnt the first one he has sold that has done this.so beware and spread the word if you have any questions i go by schmuck. thanks

well it looks as though they've finally done it!

the ratio of how cheaply they can make a board to how many bells and whistles they can shove into a radio has finally been exceeded!

someone note the date and the time. LOL
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.