• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Connex.Seen it yet?

While this radio may not be for you, I suspect there are a good many freight haulers slipseating on a daily basis that would have interest in a version of this concept.

Perhaps the next generation of this design, if it ever comes to that; could explore adding a quality AM/FM tuner similar to the Pierce Simpsons of long ago.

Do I believe this radio deserves to be on every desk and in every cowboy cadillac? NO

But there is a niche for this idea if constructed well and marketed properly.

Yep, won't it be grand to have the freight haulers fumbling around trying to put a thumb drive in so they can listen to their favorite tunes...or trying to watch a slide show instead of paying attention to the road. :eek:

looks like connex isn't the only one with this idea. rci has thier own radio called the TLM1. take a lookie:

Attachments

• RCI - TLM1.jpg
    RCI - TLM1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 21
I'm excited to try one of these. I think the custom screens for Modulation/RF etc. are a cool option even it may only interest a small market.

My worry would be the display durability....I have a feeling if it dies after a year or so it would a pain replace, but we'll have to see.

I like the fact that companies are trying to bring new innovation to the market with things like Bluetooth and custom displays.

Durability is always my main concern with these things - I have so many radios that are 25 years or older that work as good as the day they were sold.The new stuff just doesn't seem like it will last as long, but you never know.

I'm excited to try one of these. I think the custom screens for Modulation/RF etc. are a cool option even it may only interest a small market.

My worry would be the display durability....I have a feeling if it dies after a year or so it would a pain replace, but we'll have to see.

I like the fact that companies are trying to bring new innovation to the market with things like Bluetooth and custom displays.

Durability is always my main concern with these things - I have so many radios that are 25 years or older that work as good as the day they were sold.The new stuff just doesn't seem like it will last as long, but you never know.
Yeah, I'll be glad that my built in freq counter lives as long as the radio does. Having these add-ons makes it easy to monitor real-time radio functions. Instead of so many different S/RF displays, it would be great if it could also show watt out/swing/avg and mod/mod clip.

It has opened doors to expand radio monitoring - as well as new possibilities. If there is a USB port on it; it would be great to have it go to a laptop and do all of that with a program that could control the radio from there. As well as being able to introduce digital modes on CB. These kind of changes may have the end effect of getting more people interested in CB once again. While at a desk top at home, one could also plug in the radio, use specific software to optimize, and even retransmit over the internet.

Make it into a freeband quasi-Ham radio?
Why not?

Yep, won't it be grand to have the freight haulers fumbling around trying to put a thumb drive in so they can listen to their favorite tunes...or trying to watch a slide show instead of paying attention to the road. :eek:

I know a good many freight haulers utilizing Mp3 players now and none of them have or feel a need to fumble around with anything. Their play list is built at home on the desktop and they are good to go. When you get right down to it, it wouldn't need be any more distracting than inserting a CD into a thin slot of a mobile stereo.

While you may fear a freight hauler watching a slideshow; or even if the design evolves to the point of allowing a movie clip on these radios.

The technology is already there on other compact devices, so you'd better just stay home and lock your doors, if you're that worried.

Technology does not create poor judgement, character is responsible for that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.