1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

New equipment!

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by 85Blazer, Nov 19, 2018.

1. 85Blazer

85Blazer Member

I've have been gifted a Yaesu ft 4700 rh and a Boomer deluxe 250 gold by a friend who's dad was big into ham radio. I've been a cb radio operator since 1991. I'm very familiar with cb radios and linears but not with ham radio and linears. Are these 2 components compatible. Can these 2 work together? I'd ask my buddy's dad but he has sense passed. I'm currently studying for my technicians license. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance.

2. Radioman1

Radioman1 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

The Yaesu FT 4700 RH is a VHF/UHF 144MHZ/440MHZ Dual band 12 VDC mobil unit.

I haven't a clue what a Boomer deluxe 250 gold is or what frequencies it operates on.

I've been a Ham Operator for 61 years and never heard of the latter unit. I hope I have helped. Good fortune on your Technizian's license.

3. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Sr. Member

Boomer deluxe 250 is a CB type Amp, similar to the Palomar mobile amps, Boomer also had some Base Amps that were advertised as 10 Meter, but were also basically 11 Meter box's....doubt it was being used with the Yaesu...but should work great with your CB Radios!

4. BJ radionut

BJ radionut Supporting Member and 6m addict

5. 85Blazer

85Blazer Member

Thank you all for your help. Im glad I asked. I would want to damage the radio.