• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW FTM-350 Owner

Never thought of that, but it makes sense. Like I said it looks kile the Mic-E messages are for emergency responders, a department could have there own meanings for the custom messages.

Ok, new question: Can you turn off the Mic-E messages since they really do not apply? I think the answer is no.

Ray- N1LUL

You may know this already but can change the position comment (Mic-E) by using the E32: Position Comment menu. It is in the APRS/PKT set mode.

Available Values: Off Duty, En Route, In Service, Returning, Committed, Special, Priority, Custom 0, Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3, Custom 4, Custom 5, Custom 6, EMERGENCY!
Default: Off Duty

Important note: Only set this item to "EMERGENCY!" when urgent help is needed, such as an accident or disaster.

I couldn't figure out how to edit the custom tags. Hope this helps a little.

73 Darryl VA7DTP

N1LUL, when you use RT Systems programming software be certain check your radio menu settings. If you open a new page and cut and paste freqs, the menu setting can go back to the defaults. This especially happens if you make changes at the radio and don't copy that back to the computer. Doing some edits on the computer then sending it to the radio will change it back to the settings you had set originally. Hope that makes sense...

You might check the APRS/GPS tab and be sure you know what band the APRS is transmitting on. If its set to "sub band", it might be tx'ing somewhere you didn't expect. An example, you have the left side programmed to your local repeater and the right side on APRS and auto beaconing is on. You decide to jump over to your right side and dial a different freq up to chat. That makes the right band the "main" band now and the APRS (which isstill beaconing) will transmit on the "sub" band where your local repeater is dialed in. Your buds will all get to hear your signal. :)

thanks 4 that info i did the same thing 4 days before i read your post thanks 4 playing with your radio i didnt know what the heck was going on

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.