• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Galaxy 959 Problem

Galaxy 959

Feb 2, 2014
Arkansas
I ordered a New Galaxy DX959 peaked and tuned from RedMan CB shop in Florida. I received it today 2-1-14 and got it hooked up to my antenna and power supply. My antenna is a Antron-99 and power supply is a Pyramid 30 amp. I turned it on and checked the SWR on 1 and 40 the needle barley moved. I flipped through all the channels and could hear all kinds of talking loud and clear. I put in on 14 where we talk here local. I called for a radio check the needle went over where it needed to. Got feedback loud and clear. I said a few more words and when someone was talking back the radio went silent. I didn’t adjust anything. I tried to key the mic and talk back nothing. The needle wont move now when the mic is keyed like a mic isn't even hooked to it. I cant hear anything on the radio now unless the volume is turned all the way up with my ear on the speaker. I took the radio to my uncles and hooked it up there same thing. Tried a different mic same thing. My uncle been running CB’s for 35 years he said something is wrong inside the radio. Of course I cant open it and look because of voiding the warranty. This radio is brand new ran for approximate 3 min max. I got a old as dirt Cobra 29 WX ST Radio hooked up to it now same power supply same antenna and works awesome. Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? I spoke with RedMan CB and he told me to have checked out by a more knowledgeable experienced person look at it before I waste my money sending it back to Galaxy. Any ideas?

Last edited:

I ordered a MIC from Redman. I have never had a radio tuned by him though. If your in Florida you might take the radio to Bells CB shop. I have heard good things about them and they are an authorized galaxy repair place.

Reactions: 1 person
Is Redman an authorized Galaxy radio service center? I think
Galaxy would be the first one you would send it too unless Redman has something to hide and knows that what he did voided the warranty.

Is Redman an authorized Galaxy radio service center? I think
Galaxy would be the first one you would send it too unless Redman has something to hide and knows that what he did voided the warranty.

He told me to send it to Galaxy. He even told me who I would be in contact with there and said they have good warranty and service. RedMan has very good rep on the net and ebay.

Just a bummer I got this brand new radio not refurbished and it only worked for about 2-3 minutes then it just quit. Still powered up and all lights and meter works just no sound or key up with mic. This Cobra is working real good on the same Power Supply and Antenna. All my stuff is new also just getting into CB's. I know new dont mean nothing these days but just throwing it out there.

That's cool. It's just that Redman has obtained a bad rap with several of this forum's members.

Really man that's not good news. He did tell me to send it in. Acted like it would be no problem at all and It would come back fixed and still tuned like he had it. So I dunno I will see what happens.

The 959 is one sweet radio. I have one myself that I use as a base unit on a 12 amp power supply and a A99.

P.S. Don't worry about Galaxy. Just be sure to get a RAN number first.

The 959 is one sweet radio. I have one myself that I use as a base unit on a 12 amp power supply and a A99.

P.S. Don't worry about Galaxy. Just be sure to get a RAN number first.

Yea thanks. I put a email to Tech support lastnight basically the same paragraph as my original post. I will get a RAN number and put it on the box. These are sweet radios I was bummed out when it quit. So will galaxy fix whatever he did to it also so it wont do it again when I get it back?

In your fifth post you said that It will come back from Galaxy just the same way that Redman set it up. The tech over at Galaxy knows stuff about radios that Galaxy doesn't even know.

In your fifth post you said that It will come back from Galaxy just the same way that Redman set it up. The tech over at Galaxy knows stuff about radios that Galaxy doesn't even know.

Yea that's what he said. But I hope they see what he done I don't want to have to send it back again. Nothing like getting a new toy and it not work. I was really bummed out.

I'm gonna have then check the serial# to see if its a refurbished one. If it is Im gonna request my money back for the peak and tune and the extra I paid for a new radio instead of a refurb.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.