• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Ham and Loving It

Yep that was me. Im famous now. WOOOT! :p

I can see it now.....

Them:
Hey aren't you that new ham guy KK4SSB that kept calling for contact while the other guy was still talking??

Me:
But I couldn't hear the other guy talking. I swear!

lol

He guts the mic and replaces everything. Opens the hole and ads a wind buffer thens balances it with an ounce of weight. Same day turn around. Google IC 7000 mic mod. Great youtube link.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

If you keep that 7000 you need to get the microphone modified by Bob Nagy. Best money you would ever spend on 7000. Did you ask the previous owner if the modification has been done? PM me if you have questions 73

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I have an IC-7000 in my Jeep. I generally like the radio but it (like everything else) has room for improvement. The biggest problem with this radio is that you can't adjust the TX audio characteristics which is a big problem for certain voice characteristics. AB5N's mods help solve the TX audio quality problem by changing the mic element and a few other components. For my voice, which is a bit deep, I still get comments on SSB that there is too much bass, but it's a lot better than the stock mic.

Welcome to the HF club - it's a lot of fun and I look forward to hearing more about your new zero-five antenna.

"If you want the best transmit audio out of an IC-7000, here's a suggestion. Set the transmit audio to Wide position, and set the low frequency setting of the Wide position to 100 Hz. Close talk the microphone (one inch away from your lips), and set the microphone gain at about 7% for the average voice. And, if your were thinking about doing a microphone mod to increase the low frequency content, forget it, as this defeats the HM-151's noise canceling capability; something you don't want to do".

The preceding instructions were taken from the following link.

http://www.k0bg.com/miniature.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.