• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW HAM!!! Yahoo!

Nice Job!

The Amateur Extra test is a real eye opener if you haven't studied for it. I remember when some of the extra questions started popping up on hamtestonline, the alpha of what? Q? resonant freq, WTH? Not long after I got the ARRL Amateur Extra License Manual and started reading.

This is a very nice forum to learn from

congrats on the test results.

i'll give ya 2 corrrect answers for element 4.

the people that administered your exam are not the VEC, they are VE's.

it's not the "extra's test", it's element 4 or the "AMATEUR EXTRA" exam.

AMATEUR EXTRA is the only two word license class.;)

You are right, thanks for clarifying. Guess I'd better start using the right terminology. :unsure:

Congratulations, Bob on a job well done. And welcome to the wonderful world of Amateur radio. And as a VE I've seen 2 people pass all 3 test in 1 sitting. It happened 2 months in a row back in 2009.

Congrats!

I have had my technician ticket since 2009, although I haven't used any of my privileges as of today. The main reason I first tried to become a "ham" was to assist our county EOC as a firefighter. In my earlier years (86'-91) I had a very nice cb base set-up (cobra 2000, Shakespeare Big Stick, and a little helper ;))

I am now building a base here in West Michigan I still have my base, and helper D&A pdx-400, and just bought a Sirio SY 27-3 3 element Beam antenna.
(currently bidding on a Hygain HAM IV rotor system & a SHAKESPEARE ARMY BIG STICK 5/8 WAVE CB ANTENNA NBS 2010 - wish me luck! (y)0)

Next month I hope to pass my General Ham test.

Hoping this summer to build a DX shack for 20, 40, and 80 meters.

73's

Tim Harris
KD8KZC

outstanding.gif
Outstanding nitethang - keep us in the loop on your progress.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.