• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New HF Station

C

CDX126

Here is some pics of the new HF rig I just picked up. I got it from a guy who was the original owner and never sent a voice transmission through it( He used it for CW only). It has the external VFO and Speaker. I also picked up a HEIL Goldline mike at the HAMfest in Tennesee.
http://community.webshots.com/user/smrtn290

The pics are at the bottom of the album ! ENJOY[/img]

Thank You, I'm very proud of this one. I have my eye on a 901 Antenna tuner and a Station Monitor, I hope I get them.

I love the tone of the mike, it has great midrange and I can adjust the band width with the narrow/wide switch on it. Unfortunately, until Dec.3 I won't be able to transmit over the air. The guy I bought it from, bought it new and only used it for CW. He hooked up the mike and allowed me to moniter the sound through a Dummy load. The radio does full power on all bands like new, and the condition is out of the box. I got real lucky. (It was worth the 6 hour drive to pick it up.) It was pretty exciting to her the radio, seeing that no vioce transmission has ever been broadcast over it.

Believe it of not, it is a very user friendly radio to operate. When I went to pick up the radio, the guy was nice enough to put me up for the night and school me on how to load and tune the radio and how to set the processor. I can't wait until December to pass the exam and get on the air. Scott

Hey there Scott..

I am afraid to tell you this...
But that is a Crappy radio...

ok ok i will take it off your hands..
is ok i do what i can to help others...

it just looks out of place at your place..
so i will put it in mine...

Haha

Enjoy it...
it looks solid indeed..
very nice the guy let you stay over..
good thing to for a 12 hour drive would have been too tough.

you had better get that licence now..

Later

Thanks guys, no doubt I will get my Tech. Class. I have been studying real hard. I have been getting high 80's in my practice test and finally broke the 90 mark today. I'm not worried, just anxious. Can't wait till Dec. 3. And by the way King Cobra. I would love tto help you out and have that radio in your house, unfortunately I'm not that nice. He He

Update on FT-901

I have just added a matching Monitor Scope. Still looking for the Transverter and Antenna tuner. I will update Pics. soon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.