• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New IC 7000. How to tune with the MFJ 941E?

Palex9,

If you where to use an autotuner like the LDG IT-100 that connects to the 4-pin accessory plug in the back, then you just press the TUNE button located at the left side of the display. Most of the newer Icom radios (IC-706, 703, 718, 7000, 7200, 7600, 756 series) use the same 4-pin accessory plug for the AH-3/AH-4 antenna and the AT-180 antenna tuner.

Otherwise, with a manual tuner (i.e. the MFJ 941/943, etc.) just place the radio into RTTY mode and press the mic button to tune. If you have an antenna analyzer like the MFJ259/269, then you could use that to pretune the antenna tuner into your antenna. Just make a table of the settings for each band to facilitate quick retuning.

Mike

Reactions: 1 person
I use an MFJ926B with my IC7000. To make the Tune button work, I use a TuneRight. It is essentially a dongle that attaches to the tuner connector on the 7000. This makes the 7000 think that an Icom tuner is attached and works like a charm. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1