• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base New Imax wont tune 11m....this sucks

I have been trying to find a seller and noboby seems to have any?
As I posted in the other thread about the same thing, It's not difficult. Copper electronics has the whole antenna in stock. If you're trying to find the stand alone section forget it, and buy the following.

The Hillman Group 4375 3/8-24 Coupling Nut Fine Thread (5-Pack) , Zinc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAVIZ1W/?tag=worradfor-20

Pro Trucker Replacement 10" Stainless Steel Shaft for Wilson T2000/T5000 Series Amazon product ASIN B01DKYJIFA

Reactions: techradioman
The extra piece called the optimizer maybe good for 10 meters, but not 11 meters. Antenna does not tune good on 27.601...1.5 swr...27.791-1.2 swr....27.991...1.1 swr.
If you add power the swr will be beyond the good range of 1.3-1.5 swr. Without the 12in section the swr is high on all cb channels. I have had this antenna since July and it has been a nightmare for my setup

As I posted in the other thread about the same thing, It's not difficult. Copper electronics has the whole antenna in stock. If you're trying to find the stand alone section forget it, and buy the following.

The Hillman Group 4375 3/8-24 Coupling Nut Fine Thread (5-Pack) , Zinc Amazon product ASIN B00IAVIZ1W
Pro Trucker Replacement 10" Stainless Steel Shaft for Wilson T2000/T5000 Series Amazon product ASIN B01DKYJIFA
So what you are saying is you purchased the ProTrucker 10 in replacement whip and it tuned great for the 11 meter band?

And the required coupling nut, yes.
I've put 1000 PEP through it and I think it was a 1.4 SWR? It was 1.2 barefoot I think. I COULD get it lower but I never readjusted the rings. The expansion piece lowered the SWR on its own when I slapped it up to test I had a thats good enough moment and just left it. I never bothered retuning as it works fine. Once I get my ham lic I may retune for more center 11/10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexis Mercado

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.