• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base New Imax wont tune 11m....this sucks

Thanks Recon.

DX skip is sometimes easy, and it seems to be a bit forgiving regardless of the setup. As my claim above notes, the worst setups can still sometimes produce long-distance DX contacts with CB...and thank Mother Nature for that.

Again, IMO local contacts are where the antenna has to work really well, IMO. Antennas being in a clear and open space all around can also be of benefit.

Height is "king" for local contacts.

73'

Reactions: AudioShockwav
I think Solarcon has done the same "optimessing (S)" with the A99 as well. Resistance is close but the Reactance is over 100 ohms, so my A99 is also made shorter for shipping...but it is resonant (X) near 28.500 MHz.

Best match I can get with my New A99 at 27.205 for CB is about 1.5:1 SWR and it is about 11"- 12" shorter than my older A99.

I have it set only 10' above ground, but I want to try and check it at about 36' feet. It works DX fair, but local contacts are not so good.

Last edited:
I think Solarcon has done the same "optimessing (S)" with the A99 as well. Resistance is close but the Reactance is over 100 ohms, so my A99 is also made shorter for shipping...but it is resonant (X) near 28.500 MHz.

Best match I can get with my New A99 at 27.205 for CB is about 1.5:1 SWR and it is about 11"- 12" shorter than my older A99.

I have it set only 10' above ground, but I want to try and check it at about 36' feet. It works DX fair, but local contacts are not so good.
are you shittin me?

Running mine till it splinters in this Texas sun. Although I forgot the threadlock when I did @NightThumper extension fix and after a few years I recently found my top section on the ground after a particularly vicious storm and nearby tornado which snapped my rotor on my VQ3 dumping it into my yard in a tangled mess (for a second time) and apparently unscrewing my max2000 top section. Least it didn't steal it! I thought it was broken but lo, it had simply unscrewed. Guess they are called "twisters" for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marconi
I ended up buying the little 12 inch piece and installed it on my imax today. It dropped the swrs down to a 1.2 on all 40. So it does work. My imax is a 2015 model that tuned up in 10 meter.

Reactions: S&W357 and Marconi
Gentlemen, factory setting out the box is not good. Here is the trick to tunning this antenna. If you are using it for cb radio put the rings to the top and slide the antenna down on the mast. What you will be doing is using your mast to make the antenna longer and you should be able to get your swr down where you can run power...ch. 1 swr is 1.2...ch. 40 1.3 Cannot wait til spring comes and replace it with SP-500

Your late to the party.
Road Pro cut the length of the antenna to save on shipping.
This moved the frequency up the band from CB more towards the ten meter band, and they now sell the Optimized version, that includes the 12" or so,that they cut out, as a separate piece.
If you can find the extra "optimizer" for sale separately it runs about $50
At one point some retailers stopped selling them because they no longer tuned properly on CB.

Jeff

Your late to the party.
Road Pro cut the length of the antenna to save on shipping.
This moved the frequency up the band from CB more towards the ten meter band, and they now sell the Optimized version, that includes the 12" or so,that they cut out, as a separate piece.
If you can find the extra "optimizer" for sale separately it runs about $50
At one point some retailers stopped selling them because they no longer tuned properly on CB.

Jeff
I have been trying to find a seller and noboby seems to have any?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?