• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base New Imax wont tune 11m....this sucks

My Imax I have (Amazon baught last summer) I had no trouble tuning. Took it out of the box installed it, 1.2 across all 40 channels. I retuned it by raising the rings to accommodate the upper portion of the band. Have a 1.1 on 27.555.0 MHz. And still usable below 27.205.0. 26.965.0 is about 1.6. normally don't go below 27.185.0..

Reactions: Woody-202
And
Here is the answer.
--------------------'-'''-----
Customer Service., Jan 7, 8:05 AM EST
Thank you for getting back to us Jeff,
Since we have taken over the company, the length has been 22'. With the recent shortening of length which we have spoken of, the length is now 21' 11 3/4" . We have not received any other feedback on the shortening of 1/4" to the antenna .
Thanks again!
Your friends at RoadPro
-----------------------------------
Anyone know of anyone that worked at Solarcon?

Jeff

And
Here is the answer.
Since we have taken over the company, the length has been 22'. With the recent shortening of length which we have spoken of, the length is now 21' 11 3/4" . We have not received any other feedback on the shortening of 1/4" to the antenna .
Thanks again!
Your friends at RoadPro

Jeff
Ha! ha! ha!. Your friends at Road Pro....ha! ha! ha!
Unbelievable! Yeah, it gets more hilarious every day! Where did the subject of the 1/4" start from? Does anyone know the whole truth and nothing but the truth of who made and who is making the shorter antenna?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2NC995
Some whips are attached to the 3/24 connector, and some are not.
I have seen both many times.
I have seen steel whips that would Arc at the tip with no ball at high power levels.
In fact, I think Mole had this problem one time.
I remember John Mahoney of Panther Electronics talking about doing testing in regards to corona discharge at high power levels in the presence of jet fuel vapor.

Jeff

Woof.
Now there’s a fellow to drink beer with.

I recently received a new WORKMAN 102SSWA 102" stainless steel whip and it is not the same as the whip antennas we had in the seventies and eighties. At the bottom, the diameter is 0.200" and at the top, the diameter is (paper-thin) 0.100". A, 0.100" taper in a 102" length is a lot of taper for an antenna. About twelve-inches of the top area was bent / kinked from shipping. Due to poor packaging, the antenna penetrated the end of the carboard shipping box during transportation and must have bumped against something in the UPS truck. The taper on the old / vintage whip antennas were not as thin as this new antenna. No ball on the tip. There is a 0.200" diameter X 9/16" long chrome plated steel pressed-on elongated cap on the tip.
I temporally installed the antenna on the Breedlove stake pocket mount and the antenna is no way as stable as the vintage whip antennas. I managed to re-shape the bent tip as best as I could by hand and a vise but I'm not going to use this whip. I know for a fact that I would not have been able to hand-bend a vintage stainless steel whip. I do not have a vintage whip antenna to measure and compare the differences in diameters and tapers.
I've never seen a football shaped weight on a whip antenna, but I'm only seventy-one years old, lol...lol!

Bought a pair of 102” from DX Engineering in 2019.

Shipped in PVC pipe with caps. Not cheap, overall. But the packaging is what one hopes for (goods cannot be damaged).

Six Shooters post reminds me that my latest corona balls are ready at the EDM machine shop.

Mini Colt Single Actions on a swivel. Pointed skyward. Guess who’s gonna want a set?

(kidding, much fun as that would be).

Reactions: 2NC995
Hopefully some more folks who have recently purchased the antenna will physically measure theirs...
I'm not the brightest star in the galaxy, but when

1.) I have super widebanded antenna I suspect inefficuency, and,
2.) When I fight that hard to get an antenna tuned I suspect a short in the system, or an open connection, or a bad feedline setup.

But then, this may not be my galaxy...

Hopefully some more folks who have recently purchased the antenna will physically measure theirs...
I'm not the brightest star in the galaxy, but when

1.) I have super widebanded antenna I suspect inefficuency, and,
2.) When I fight that hard to get an antenna tuned I suspect a short in the system, or an open connection, or a bad feedline setup.

But then, this may not be my galaxy...
This galaxy I hook a mfj right to the so239.

And
Here is the answer.
Thanks again!
Your friends at RoadPro

Jeff
these guys are a fraud. they owe me

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.