• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Mckinley Install

Bobby , IMO 10 ga is fine . But Wait ! What ? Is this another New Truck ? Didn't you just do this Aluminum install on one recently ? You buy a New Truck every year ? I'm So Jealous ! Dead people sure pay the bill$ !:whistle:;):LOL: 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: undertaker
I use 10awg for my mobile installs and here at the house as well. Figure 30 amps will go thru 10 at your house just fine.. 12awg is rated for like 20amps.. 8awg is 50 amps..

Hope that helps..

10 is still flexible enough in even cheap THHN. Just be sure to grommet the pass thru holes.. marine grade is nice as it's flexible but costs a tiny bit more.. again grommet the holes..

Just did the sons SUV with a 10-AWG single-wire from BATT (BUSSMANN termination fuse) back to firewall and across to passenger side to an existing hole.

Into interior and he ran it under center console to rear. NEG at seatbolt. Maybe 15’ or so TTL circuit length from SOTABEAM APP-equipped 12V distribution box.

Using the MARINCO 3% Voltage Drop Calculator showed that was at the edge for a 20A draw so the (McK + KL-203) squeaked in under the bar.

Test showed 14.1V (on; no PTT) at engine resting idle. We did install fast as possible as no time to lose thus minimal testing.

10-AWG
is hard to argue with.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.