• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New member here!

chassis221

Feb 7, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Just saying hello! Years back in the 90s I had a Cobra 148 gtl peaked and tuned with a k40 whip,Sold it and wish I didnt. Recently just picked up a used 148 gtl side mic made in Malayasia, peaked and tuned years ago. not even sure if it works! Gonna pick up another used k40 but im not sure I want that long whip on my car. Makes me feel like a Duke boy.
I also went to radio shack today look at a 12volt converter for the house and it was like $70.00 ! I bought a cheap Archer one there for 15 bucks back in the day. The 2 stores that I knew of closed down so I dont even know where to take it for service now. Im in the Philly, New Jersey area. hoping to get some nice info from you guys here!

Thanks

I wouldn't consider a K40 a 'long whip' antenna. Gave away the two K40's I had; just didn't like their performance and got something better. Try a Wilson 4 or 5 ft "Silver Load' antenna this time around. They are cheap, easy to tune with a SWR meter, and work very well.

Using a real short antenna (less the 5 ft long) is a waste of time and money - IMO.

The radio you have should work very well.

Welcome to the forum . . .

K40 antennas are not all that good performance wise.....If it were me buying a new CB antenna I would be looking really hard at the Wilson 1000,3000,or the 5000...I have heard alot of good reports on those antennas

thanks for the replies and the welcome to the forums, I like the k40 only because it worked great....granted i never had any other antenna, I know the wilsons are good but do they have a quick release on them?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.