• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Mobile Install with Sirio P5000, Magnum 257

Charlie Brown

certifiable
Dec 18, 2010
Tennessee
www.pedalsteelman.com
Finally got around to installing a mobile in our run around car we bought last october.
I pucked the roof. I had to put the antenna a lil toward the rear of the roof due to the moon roof. Its a little directional but not as bad as it would have been with the antenna on the deck lid.

Did some good grounding. Gotta tidy up some wires but its mostly done and tested.<can not stand it><can not stand it>

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 297
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    987 KB · Views: 294
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 290
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 344
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 312
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 315
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 320
Reactions: 4 people

Very nice set up Charlie Brown. I wouldn't worry much about it being directional. I had to mount my sirio toward the back of the car too. I factored in several things before I mounted mine. Looks being one of them. It just doesnt look right mounted in the center of the roof on a dodge caliber. It looks great toward the rear. I don't take much stock in the directional thing anyway. It does what I want it to do and I'm satisfied with the results. I talk dx pretty much at will and talk to the local folk too. I can't tell it's directional. looks like a great install. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: 1 person
Sirio hard mount

Mounted at the rear of the car instead of the center. Looks better and still performs very well even if it is just a tad directional.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 419
Reactions: 2 people
Looks good Charlie Brown, make sure you keep an eye on the temp of the rfx-75. If you can get a small fan and stick it on the heat sink, it will help a lot. I use tie wraps to hold my fan in place
ha8u2aqy.jpg

This is a brushless pico fan, doesn't have to be this large, I got about 12-15 of these fans from decommissioned cell sites. But a small brushless fan from the radio shack would work as well. The rfx 75 will get hot and when it does you will lose wattage and chance blowing a final. JMO. The install looks awesome, and I am sure you will be happy with it. I like the hard mount you used, is it a breed love mount? Looks good and should definitely do the job of holding that antenna.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.