• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New one of a kind beam

The20poundhammer

May 23, 2016
McKee Ky
Just put up a new Mosley A-511 5 element beam. Took my 4 element quad down got tired of it breaking. Had to take it down 4 times in the past 5 years. This is the only one like it they have ever made. It's on a 3" boom with elements that are 5/8 tubing coming off the boom with the ends 3/8 tubing. It's direct fed no balun or gamma to fool with. I have had several different beams over the years including Jo Gunn and this antenna is built the best of any I have put up and very easy to assemble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just put up a new Mosley A-511 5 element beam. Took my 4 element quad down got tired of it breaking. Had to take it down 4 times in the past 5 years. This is the only one like it they have ever made. It's on a 3" boom with elements that are 5/8 tubing coming off the boom with the ends 3/8 tubing. It's direct fed no balun or gamma to fool with. I have had several different beams over the years including Jo Gunn and this antenna is built the best of any I have put up and very easy to assemble.
We just put up a Mosley A311 Very well made. Have to correct some errors I made such as installing end spacers partially atop boom caps. This allowed them to move & messed up our parallel. SWR came in at 1:2, 1:4, 1:6. I thought high. This is a work in progress yet. Height in town at approx. 22-24' Trees houses utility lines etc. Listened to as much as the Imax 2000 on a 40' Tower. Except now directional. Any tips on Finetuning performance would be appreciated. First Beam.

Only thing I can offer is to put it together with the specs and parts as it came. If the swr is a lil off you might have to move your spacing just a lil bit. Mine is a lil high up on 27.555 and above about 1.6 but it's 1.1 down in 27.025 which I wanted. The lil higher swr up hi does nothing to performance as I can tell. This antenna at this height is a dx killer so far.

Only thing I can offer is to put it together with the specs and parts as it came. If the swr is a lil off you might have to move your spacing just a lil bit. Mine is a lil high up on 27.555 and above about 1.6 but it's 1.1 down in 27.025 which I wanted. The lil higher swr up hi does nothing to performance as I can tell. This antenna at this height is a dx killer so far.
Thank you for your time to comment. I cannot say enough good about the build quality of the Mosley & getting ahold of them is easily done for questions that arise. Baby steps.. first we need parallel the elements back up once off the end caps. Then check SWR. We are learning the Rigmaster now so we can measure/verify Ohms. CORECTLY. RG8 Terminal Connection at antenna just stays bare to outside elements?

You should have a solder lug to solder the center of the coax to the hot side of the driven element and one to solder the braid to the ground side. After that make sure you waterproof it with some coax seal and keep it out of the coax where you split it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated