• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW POST!!!!!

KF7MYK

Mar 22, 2011
Dayton, NV
Hello everyone, not very many new threads, I was reading some ISS posts and got all excited thinking they were actually using the radios up there...Then I saw the date, you would think they would drop posts after a while. I guess Amsat-bb.org is the place to be.

So how come they dont turn on the v/u on the ISS. Dont they have like 10 friggin rigs up there??? I am going to get into the packet thing at least they turn that on...

Whats up with ARRISat??? Like I said on Amsat-bb, they should just zip tie the damn thing to the outside and leave it there, at least then it wont just crash and burn. Maybe they should just put some Duracells in there, I mean seriously!

Anyway just thought I whould start a ruckas... :)

pappy.gif
Wow - you sure are opinionated!
killingme_01.gif

Hello everyone, not very many new threads, I was reading some ISS posts and got all excited thinking they were actually using the radios up there...Then I saw the date, you would think they would drop posts after a while. I guess Amsat-bb.org is the place to be.

So how come they dont turn on the v/u on the ISS. Dont they have like 10 friggin rigs up there??? I am going to get into the packet thing at least they turn that on...

Whats up with ARRISat??? Like I said on Amsat-bb, they should just zip tie the damn thing to the outside and leave it there, at least then it wont just crash and burn. Maybe they should just put some Duracells in there, I mean seriously!

Anyway just thought I whould start a ruckas... :)

Since Doug Wheelock came back to the surface-Nov 2010?, the only voice activity has been for scheduled school contacts. I am sure there are three licensed amateurs onboard, but they are allowed to use the radio on their off time.

I believe the reason they aren't using the crossband repeater is because the radio cannot dissipate the heat generated by the 100% duty cycle or the radios ability to crossband repeat has failed already. I think they used u/v mode, 70cm uplink and a 2M downlink.

ARISSAT is another interesting topic, isn't the major purpose to study the atmospheric conditions on a slow decent back to earth? It just happens to have a linear transponder onboard with a very narrow passband and transmits messages(prerecorded) via FM.

I know a few members here that post on the amsat-bb every once in a while and there are only a couple that use the linear transponder sats. It's a fun part of the amateur radio hobby, but doing it on a small budget involves going outside and its 25 degrees here now with a 14 degree wind chill

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio