• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"New Posts"

GnG8d

Jun 28, 2010
Ohio
I always use the New Post button but there doesn't appear to be a way to make threads that I've read disappear from that list except for manually clicking "Mark Forums Read". Is there a setting that I'm missing that automatically marks forums read as forums read?

Good question..

What is the Quick Links menu?

The navigation bar at the top of each page has several helpful links. One of them is a dropdown menu called Quick Links. (It appears only to registered members who are logged in). Clicking it once with the mouse will make it drop down and show the following options:

Quick Links
Today's Posts (shows posts created in the past 24 hours)
Mark Forums Read (marks all the threads and posts as read for your session - this is a shortcut alternative to actually reading the threads and posts)

No,I do not know. Mine automatically marks posts read and I didn't do anything to make that happen. Is worldwide on your anti virus software accepted sites list? Cookies enabled? Got a virus ?

Last edited:
Ive never found it a problem. The new post page changes in under an hour so in all honesty how often do you need to check new posts?. Also its easy to see which posts you have read already because they are coloured in a lighter shade of blue.

Ive never found it a problem. The new post page changes in under an hour so in all honesty how often do you need to check new posts?. Also its easy to see which posts you have read already because they are coloured in a lighter shade of blue.

Thanks but I wasn't interested in how you browse, I was wondering if there was a setting to make this forum act like all the other forums I have/do frequent.

Hi 359. This forum runs VBulletin. Much different than SMF software. I know exactly what you mean about making read post disappear. To my knowledge VBulletin does not offer that in a standard forum. I run both forums on my website and have tried to make that work to no end.

Hi 359. This forum runs VBulletin. Much different than SMF software. I know exactly what you mean about making read post disappear. To my knowledge VBulletin does not offer that in a standard forum. I run both forums on my website and have tried to make that work to no end.

Thank You! If there is nothing I can do about it than so be it, but I thought it was possible that I was just overlooking it.

Here's one I found this morning. I made a post in: New Forum-New rig....
I made the post(reply) and returned to "New Posts" and the reply does not show on the list.
However if I click the "recent posts" on the upper right side of the screen a new list comes up and the post appears there....interesting!

Also will there be an user option to have posts go in "descending" order....meaning Newest Posts appear first? I had this setting option before. Newest Post top and scroll down, instead of scrolling "back".

And any thoughts (or option) to expand the Avatar space to square rather than the "Port Hole" look?
Your hard work is appreciated Admins...Looking Good
All the Best
Gary

Another query...Can the chat page be "inverted" so new posts appear on top?
This way you can monitor "Who's logged on" and still see newest posts without scrolling back down...I am talking in "Full Screen Mode"
All the Best
Gary

Post here did the same thing....does not show on "refreshed" New Posts...yet shows on Recent Posts....maybe it's my system(machine) doing that....
All the Best
Gary

"New Posts" only shows posts that are new to you. It won't show you your latest post because it's not new to you.

Reactions: pro151
Also will there be an user option to have posts go in "descending" order....meaning Newest Posts appear first? I had this setting option before. Newest Post top and scroll down, instead of scrolling "back".
Gary

I haven't found a setting for this yet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.