• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Antennas

In this pic, Is the horizontal antenna element part of a mobile dipole setup? If so it should be equal lengths to each other and the horizontal has no mast under the coil like the vertical element.

Also I'm curious to know if you ever checked the the impedance at the antenna feed point with a analyzer since you are using two 50 ohm coil matched antennas and probably using 50 ohm coax if the analyzer reading was still 50 ohms. My guess would be a 100 ohm load and a mismatched impedance with 50 ohm coax unless using a 2:1 balun.
Yes it's a dipole setup. Only done out of desperation due to ground issues with truck.
(Not my truck)
Coils were identical length tuned the same with or without ground mast.
Impedance was less than desirable @36 ohms but it worked.

In this pic, Is the horizontal antenna element part of a mobile dipole setup? If so it should be equal lengths to each other and the horizontal has no mast under the coil like the vertical element.

Also I'm curious to know if you ever checked the the impedance at the antenna feed point with a analyzer since you are using two 50 ohm coil matched antennas and probably using 50 ohm coax if the analyzer reading was still 50 ohms. My guess would be a 100 ohm load and a mismatched impedance with 50 ohm coax unless using a 2:1 balun.
Swr=1.5
X=2
R=36
Not perfect but it worked

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.