• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New president lincoln 2

I also think HF sets suffer as poor if not worse R+D than CB's considering the price of them,

Most of the current export radios are the same radio with a different badge or different colour front panel on them. The Anytone 5555 v30000 and its 50 clones is pretty much just a bug fix for the previous 29999 versions.

Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood have all released an entire new generation of HF amateur radios with far more research and development than CBs which are mostly just repackaged Cybernet or Uniden boards.

Most of the current export radios are the same radio with a different badge or different colour front panel on them. The Anytone 5555 v30000 and its 50 clones is pretty much just a bug fix for the previous 29999 versions.

Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood have all released an entire new generation of HF amateur radios with far more research and development than CBs which are mostly just repackaged Cybernet or Uniden boards.

I guarantee half the circuits in your new kenwoods were in ts430's too ;) , yaesu released a whole generation of shite with ft 100 and ft 8 series.

Will be the same old shit repackaged just like cb's, your kidding yourself on Conor if you think HF sets are any different to CB's in the manner they are built,otherwise how do you explain so many pages and pages and pages of web material on fixing issues surrounding nearly every HF set ever made?

Same way you explained how RF only travelled one direction down the centre conductor and didn't use the shield as a return path,be it inside the shield or outside it totally defying physics?

If you weren't as dumbass as you are, you'd realise sure the makers of Anytones etc have made a few fuck ups, but they listen to feedback and next version its sorted, so more versions means less fixing for the techs and less and less people progressively being disappointed, but no you have to view it as a flaw in your war against cb, ironically where you were asking me dumbass questions not so long ago and where you started with an A99 and ss3900 if I recall, not exactly the stuff of dreams, I see you've invested heavily since, pity you can't buy knowledge :) .

There hasn't been a recycled Cybernet board in nearly 20 years maybe more,wtf you talking about?

Is it actually Icom,Yaesu and Kenwood that makes the radios? Wasn't that long back a company called Nissei done a hell of a lot of subcontracting for Yaesu or as it was called in Europe, Sommekamp,and elsewhere Yaesu-Musen, Come to that wasn't that long back Kenwoods were known as Trio and about the only thing Kenwood was famous for was Blenders,but hey,wtf do I know,I'm only a dumbass cb'er.

Oh and it still won't be any easier to spread your version of how shit ticks ;) :)

JazzSinger funny you say that, I have an Anytone 5555 V5 board and just love it have had NO issues at all and I was one of those Idiots that bought the First Run Max 10 with the RF Rain control, what a difference.
You spoke of Cybernet Chassis radios, I will say they are as stable as anything I have owned on SSB. My Lafayette bunch SSB-140 SSB-120 Colt 485 JC Penney 6247 all work very very well and that is late 70's manufacture, so I guess until very recent CB and 10 Meter radios haven't changed much. Here in the shack today is a 101EX, 2950DX and a Lafayette SSB-120 which is what I use most of the time because it hears better than the rest.

Reactions: 1 person
JazzSinger funny you say that, I have an Anytone 5555 V5 board and just love it have had NO issues at all and I was one of those Idiots that bought the First Run Max 10 with the RF Rain control, what a difference.
You spoke of Cybernet Chassis radios, I will say they are as stable as anything I have owned on SSB. My Lafayette bunch SSB-140 SSB-120 Colt 485 JC Penney 6247 all work very very well and that is late 70's manufacture, so I guess until very recent CB and 10 Meter radios haven't changed much. Here in the shack today is a 101EX, 2950DX and a Lafayette SSB-120 which is what I use most of the time because it hears better than the rest.

Hi Tucker 442, I didn't mention the Cybernets, that was Ham of the century M0GVZ,

Despite the fact he's probably never seen or used one,he mentioned them being reworked,I merely pointed out there hadn't been a cybernet or clone in many moons, my opinion on them differs to yours,as much as I liked their FM only UK sets was never impressed by the sideband range,

but I stayed in a built up area with literally hundreds of big signals within 10 SQ miles, so you needed the adjacent channel and image rejection of a Uniden board or be wiped out, as for US Cybernet AM radios, I doubt they were any worse or better than maxon built ones of the generation,I may be wrong though as I've mostly only seen UK or export Cybernets,Even when I started I started with a 40CH President AR7, again Uniden built,The few FM Cybernets I owned,qwere pretty good radios though, but I still preferred the Uniden/audioline/Realistics that Uniden was banging out.

TBH with you it mostly comes down to taste and layout,as there's very little between most cb's in performance,the action is all in the antenna feeding it, so if I was using a good Uniden on a good antenna,I'd have no worries switching to Cybernet radios,especially now the rejection isn't the issue it used to be.

As for buying the first run of anything these days is something I just won't do,I'll wait to they sort the flaws then buy,but that's the virtue of patience and learning from others mistakes,PS3's and X Box 360's are testament to that,I have PS1's and PS2's that outlasted an early PS3 and an old x box that has outlasted an early new one,I won't even give in too kids now on first runs,they are just using buyers as guinea pigs/lab rats now,better to wait and see what develops,not only do you get a better product,you also get it cheaper usually, and to those who argue if we don't buy them first the can't improve them,true I can't argue that except to say they should be well R+D'd before they hit the streets,You keep letting them away with it they keep doing it.If everyone waited they'd need to evaluate and test it themselves before bringing it to market, consumer greed and impatience is the cause,they want a product now,cheap with every corner cut,that's what they give you, your willing to pay more and wait I'm sure quality would improve on early releases,but the reality is they hype these things so high demand will always exceed supply,puts them in driving seat not the buyer.

Last edited:
I guarantee half the circuits in your new kenwoods were in ts430's too ;) ,

They had triple down conversion and 32 bit IF DSP?

Will be the same old shit repackaged just like cb's, your kidding yourself on Conor if you think HF sets are any different to CB's in the manner they are built,otherwise how do you explain so many pages and pages and pages of web material on fixing issues surrounding nearly every HF set ever made?
They are different in the manner that they're built. There's not one single CB that can match them for selectivity and TX IMD. And you won't find a Kenwood using an almost identical board to a Yaesu. Kenwood design their own, Yaesu design their own, Icom design their own. They don't take a reference board from Cybernet or Uniden and bolt a few bits and bobs on.

Same way you explained how RF only travelled one direction down the centre conductor and didn't use the shield as a return path,be it inside the shield or outside it totally defying physics?

Never ever have said that, ever.

There hasn't been a recycled Cybernet board in nearly 20 years maybe more,wtf you talking about?

Open up a Superstar and is very similar to a Cobra 148. Other than some odd component variations and different colour of PCB they look quite similar....

Cobra 148:

Cobra148insideworxx.jpg

Superstar 3900:
mod_apertura_ss3900_01.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
They had triple down conversion and 32 bit IF DSP?

They are different in the manner that they're built. There's not one single CB that can match them for selectivity and TX IMD. And you won't find a Kenwood using an almost identical board to a Yaesu. Kenwood design their own, Yaesu design their own, Icom design their own. They don't take a reference board from Cybernet or Uniden and bolt a few bits and bobs on.

Never ever have said that, ever.

Open up a Superstar and is very similar to a Cobra 148. Other than some odd component variations and different colour of PCB they look quite similar....

Cobra 148:

Cobra148insideworxx.jpg

Superstar 3900:
mod_apertura_ss3900_01.jpg

as most hf radios have range from khz to 30 mhz how do you triple down convert a 500 khz signal? you talking vhf/uhf ya numpty?

DSP, big fucking deal, it sounds shit and robotic, give me a passive analogue noise filter anyday.

not one cb that will wipe the floor with selectivity, bollocks, look at CPI cp2000 specs.I think you'll find even the very best hf sets will struggle against that, not to mention most will struggle against a 148 gtl dx.

IMD, do you even know what that is? lol, without googling it,pmsl.

you didn't ever say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof><gotproof>
now your really talking pish, yes you did, on Transmission 1, you then started an argument with me on Ham Radio Deals, and denied it there too, oh and guess what happened,Simon 26OD004 COPIED AND PASTED FROM TRANSMISSION 1 TO PROVE YOU DID. Simon's a ham too by the way, except he knows what he's talking about, and he certainly knew what you were all about,

even after i got banned from TM1 my signature here has been "it still won't be any easier to spread your version of how shit ticks", a quote directly taken from and accredited too Bob 85 who is also very knowledgeable as most people here know, after he quoted it to you after i got banned, SO AS YOU WOULDN'T DELUDE YOURSELF WITH ME GONE, YOUR SHITE WOULD BE SWALLOWED ANY EASIER.:love::love::love:

ICOM ,YAESU AND KENWOOD, may well design stuff, but do they build it? that's what I asked, not who designed it.

Open a Cobra and a 3900 and they are quite similar except for pcb colour and a few odd component changes,

odd like replacing no longer made components with newer replacements and replacing two discrete transistors and all associated unnecessary components for a mixer ic.upgrading the modulator/regulator section, which they stole (sorry Shioda,borrowed,lol) from the pc999 Grant chassis and in later chassis replacing 2sc2312 with 2sc1969 untill they ran out of them and started using mosfets on the ept360014c chassis,if i recall,possibly late 14b's had them too. and replacing the diode matrix with a 6 band one and changing the n codes on the channel selector from uniden's to increase coverage. yeah its similar looking, but has a few differences that you obviously don't know about as you think they're odd. As Uniden made their own filters i'm pretty sure they'll be different too.

Tell me this smart arse, if you disconnect the band selector voltage from a 3900, what happens? if you know so much about these radios you'll know. I guarantee many others here will know.

if you opened either you wouldn't have a fucking Scooby what you were doing in either of them anyway.

I'm sure you'll explain to us all what 32 bit is? That should be a scream.

If we're really lucky you might even know what IF stands for now, by the way DSP doesn't stand for nintendo dual screen portable,lmao, and theres fuck all new about digital, its been around since the very first on/off switch.

anyway i eagerly await your knowledge full replies with baited breath :pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

you bring a whole new dimension to the word Amateur. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Forgotten more than you'll ever know. Part way through a BEng EE degree at a red brick university. Doubt you'd even be accepted for the course.

Forgotten more than you'll ever know. Part way through a BEng EE degree at a red brick university. Doubt you'd even be accepted for the course.

Really? you off your meds again?

the last time you came out with as much shite your signature was i've been off my meds, normal service will resume on HRD, I forgot your also in the top 2% of intellect in the UK, one of my more funnier memories of transmission 1.If I recall that had half the country in hysterics.

You've ran to moderators of two forums trying to get me banned, they fucking laughed at you, I taught you most of the sensible shit you do know on TM1, albeit, it wasn't fucking easy simplifying things for someone as dense.

Your memory may be delusional but there's fuck all up with mine, but I'll let others judge your comments and make their own minds up. Deny anything I've said, cause you know its all true and on the net for anyone to research, once you even reported me for posting a pm, you were too fucking dumb to realise i had lifted it from one of your previous posts and put it in inverted commas to show it was a quote from YOU, I'm sure Bob85 or Ugly Bob will remember that one,

Red Brick University, wheres that? at the end of the Yellow Brick Road. :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Reactions: 26OD004
The Samaritans..

Really. I think you need help.

Is that it? no high tech techno voodoo to mesmerise me from your course with the tin man and wicked witch of the east?

I forgot to mention earlier, you stated that Cybernets were redone, then quoted me, then unbelievably instead of producing some Cybernetic proof, you post pics of two radios that you know nothing about including neither was either made by Cybernet or cloned from one, infact one is a rarer Uniden pb010AA chassis and the other is a clone of the radio that replaced it,the pb010AB chassis not that radio you posted Smarticus.

I get plenty help, you don't need to worry about me, you've already got multiple personalities to concern yourself with, funny thing is none of them know fuck all about radio,lmao.

The Driffield Dribbler,

you must be foaming all over your keyboard thinking your last response was ultra hilarious, probably giving yourself high fives for that one. I've met some pish talkers in my time, but you must have to hairdryer your microphone dry every night from the amount of verbal urine you eject, probably got a toilet bowl fitted to your chin to catch all the stuff that don't quite reach the microphone.

I'm considering moving to Driffield, the entertainment is first class, you make the local nuggets sound like Stephen Hawkins.

Your whole arguments based on Yaesu's,Kenwood's and Icom's being expertly built.Yet heres my latest quote from you earlier in THIS thread,it's a "QUOTE" Conor, not a pm ;) as I know you struggle differentiating between them I just thought I would clarify that (y)

" <<<<< THAT MEANS BEGINNING OF QUOTE :unsure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay in the Mojave
Hello MOGVC: Well that's the point I want to make is for the radio manufactures and designers to come up with a hot little advanced radio, with all the right stuff in it.

But they already exist.

Quote:
Why not any of the Yaesu FT8 radios?
The FT817/857/897 have poor selectivity and quite noisy receivers along with poor TX and RX audio. That's in addition to being godawful to use.

"<<<<< END OF "QUOTE"

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Your Words, not mine, I didn't go to the Said Prick University, but at my school we used the technical term, shooting oneself in the foot.:blushing::blushing::blushing:

You still haven't answered any of the technical points/questions I asked/made, struggling to find the answers on Google or read a 3900 diagram oh protege of Tesla? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated